Jake Dugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Dugger

Do any of you Jackrabbit fans remember a kid out of Omaha that signed with the Jackrabbitts named Jake Dugger out of Millard West and then he backed out of his commitment. He then we down to Arkansas to play baseball for Dave Van Horn (ex-husker coach) and as a freshman worked his way in to the starting lineup and is now batting leadoff in the College World Series. To bad you let him get away, he is a hell of an athlete. Story on him in the Monday edition of the World Hearld at www.omaha.com. Wish the Mavericks could have got him.

Mavericks#1

Re: Jake Dugger

I felt at the time that Jake decided to go with a baseb all offer that the Jacks lost a great athletes that in time would have really contributed at SDSU. I believe since Nebraska has just one DI football school that the Jacks will continue to have success recruiting the State.

Comment

Re: Jake Dugger

I remember asking Coach Stig about Jake just before the NWMSU game last fall.  Coach said they just could not hold him to the letter of intent and since he had a chance to play D1 baseball, they did not want to hold him back. I am glad for Jake and hope he becomes a Darin Erstad in MLB. If things change for him, we could still get him as a transfer. It does not hurt to go after these good athletes and do so in manner that they dont forget other options available to them.

I think we will do very well in Omaha in future years. I believe Karl Ballard is covering Nebraska so I have no worries.  SDSU got a walk on from Columbus, Neb, as a kicker.
      Douglas I think is his name.  A great student. Coach Stig mentioned that he had a walk on offer from UNL.  (Apparently this young man is not afraid of the Hillbillies in South Dakota. ;D )

Apparently, the special team kickers and punters are not progressing as well as they should so this Douglas may have a chance at SDSU.

Comment

Working...
      X