Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thought to taking the Pride to the SU game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thought to taking the Pride to the SU game?

I wonder if there will be any thought given to taking the Pride of the Dakotas to the Southern University game?  This also leads one to wonder if  Southern's Band the "Human Jukebox" will make the trip to Brookings.  Something to think about.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Academics/Co...bles/ThePride/

Go State, Go State!  8)

Re: Any thought to taking the Pride to the SU game

Here is a link to the Unoffical Southern Band website:

http://www.humanjukebox.com/

Comment

I believe there are some thoughts regarding both bands playing at the same game. Unfortunately, to take the Pride to Louisiana would cost anywhere from $200,000 to $230,000. You could buy a lot of improvements at Coughlin Alumni Stadium for that amount of money.

Comment

I doubt it. If I remember right it took about a year of planning to get the band ready for the Pasdena trip. Theres no way the band could come up with the funds, planning, and other details that would be necessary for the trip. On the bright side, maybe southern will bring there band to Brookings the following year .

Comment

Wow! that's a large band you guys have there, just how large is it? I really would hope that you guys could bring them to BR it would be one history making event.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedog
            Wow! that's a large band you guys have there, just how large is it? I really would hope that you guys could bring them to BR it would be one history making event.
            bluedog,

Welcome to the board. I am glad you got your tech. difficulties worked out. Can't remember for sure, but the web site say over 250! We have some band guys who post, maybe one of them can give us an exact number. How about it SDSU_TUBA?

Go State! ;D

Comment

Last year I think it was around 350, the bands site is badly out of date, as you can see the details about the rose parade haven't even been put up yet. Someone needs to get on this website stuff.

Comment

Yeah last year the Pride was at about 370 the year before that we are about 385. Before the Rose Bowl we were usually between 250 and 275, I hope the numbers say in the upper 300's.
                Go State! Go State!

Comment

Working...
                X