• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of SU games

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSig...amp;Ux=0<br />

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSig...amp;Ux=0<br />

The scoreboard was design by Daktronic

Re: Pics of SU games

Wow, pretty sweet facilities. Very impressive crowds. Thanks for posting it bluedog.

Comment

bluedog:

Thanks so much for the photos being posted.  Wow SU seems to be impressive in terms of facilities, fan support, and yes a very good football team. It makes me wonder: &quot;Did we do the right thing here by scheduling this game?&quot; I hope so and our guys need to really get ready for this one.

The interesting thing is that Daktronics is less than two miles from Coughlin-Alumni Staduim and we dont have that sophiscated scoreboard like you have at SU but I guess its because SDSU has not come to terms on a upgrade.  Thats what seems to be the opinion on this board. :-/

Comment

Those pics. were great-thanks for the link. We definetly did the right thing scheduling this game. Southern is a big time opponent and SDSU will have to play their very best in this game to win it. This will give us some nice exposure, and like Coach Stig and Dr. Oien said, we need to play the very best schools available. I cant wait to see this game.

Comment

If I have my choice of which away game to travel to this will definantly be it. It seems like such a great opportunity for players and fans to have a chance to take part in playing SU. The facilities look great and the atmosphere even better ;D

Comment

I am hoping to make this trip and keep on traveling to San Luis Obispo for the Cal Poly game the next week. So if you are like me in my first year of retirement, the football schedule this year will provide a trip of a life time.  I would get home in time to take in the Beef Bowl on Oct 9 against NDSU.  This looks to be an exciting season, win or lose. It's beat a trip to St Cloud, Minnesota any day of the week.

I have always been told that Football was king in the Deep South in terms of fan interest and attendence. These photos really attest to that notion.

One of the posters on SWAC board referred to SDSU as a non traditional opponent which is not negative, but maybe accurate. I hope we can perform well enough to create some interest in scheduling from some of the other members of the SWAC.

There was a day when Historically Black Colleges(HBC) were forced to compete only among themselves. Out of that condition a number of regional games developed such as the Bayou Classic, The Turkey Classic in Montegomery and others. These games are so well attended, that it makes a difficult choice for HBC to complete in the classic games which generally fall after the close of the NCAA season or to be a qualifier for the NCAA playoffs. When you can draw crowds between 30,000 and 60,000, for a Classic game and split the revenue after expenses with opponents, its becomes a no brainer in making this choice.

The avid SDSU fan knows about Grambling and Southern, but those South Dakotans that are not avid, they dont have a clue on how important the SU game it to SDSU.

This is all very interesting the more I think about our game with SU, the more we need to make a very good showing in Baton Rogue on Sept 25th.

Bottom line, is its a great time to be a Jackrabbit Fan and it sure beats any trip to the Dakota Dome (USD) or Howard Wood Field(Augustana) in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Working...
            X