Football Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Practice

Football practice starts 2 weeks from today !!!!! The smell of tailgating in the air, the sound of pads popping....Everyone getting ready for some D I football

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Football Practice

Tell me about it!!!! I can't make it out to Davis but you can be damn sure I'll have the grill fired up, the cooler stocked, and the WNAX internet broadcast turned up. My own version of tailgaiting.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The grill will be fired up and the brews will be flowing and I can listen to the real WNAX signal. Can't wait.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

What's the exact start date for FB practice? Looks like UNC reported today. I hope SDSU gets some local coverage from the Argus.

UNC Bears FB reports
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Players move into the dorms on Wednesday and practices starts on Thursday.
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

The boys should be on the field today!! I wish I could be there to here the pads popping. Go Jackrabbits!!!

Comment

Testing and maybe walk throughs today and tomorrow.
              First contact Monday morning, before media day.
              No pads for the first few days.
              So far, nobody has been hurt!

Comment

Thanks for the update newser, keep them coming! ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

On my way through Brookings I watched a little bit of this afternoon practice. Helments and pads and lots of routines. We do have some coaching passion on defense with Karl Ballard and the new defensive line coach. The last excercise of practice was a stationery scrimage, that is they placed the ball at the same spot and ran mostly pass plays. Nelson is right on target and Solomon Johnson should have a good year as he connected several times. Anthony Watson is 22 this year and for a first time in years, No 30 will be on the defensive side of the ball. This was Josh Ranek's number and Watson wore that number last year.

Its hard to tell at this point what we will look likve by game 4. The team as whole seems eager ready to play.
                  Our O lineman have the usual size, and hopefully there is an improvement in speed.

I really dont know what to expect this year and this observation of practice really raises more question than give answers. With this just the third or fourth practice its really hard what exactly is going on.

Comment

Here are a couple of paragraphs at the KJJQ website.
                    Maybe not new, but its tells that offense will probably not change much.

SDSU FB/WATSON…The South Dakota State football team continues preparing for the first season in Division 1-AA. On September fourth, they will open the season on the road in the Great West Football conference at the University of California-Davis. The Jacks have a solid core of players returning on the offensive side of the ball including Worthington Minnesota native, running back Anthony Watson. Watson had five 100-yard games last year, and finished with 974 yards, despite missing three games due to injury. He says they are mentally focusing on Cal-Davis.
                    He says changes under new passing game coordinator Darin Wilkinson are minor.
                    Watson says he wants to be a better player this year.
                    The Jacks home opener is September 11th when they host Winona State for the annual Cereal Bowl. Kickoff is set for 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X