NDSU CLOBBERS VALPO 52-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU CLOBBERS VALPO 52-0

Ever since I started reading the Don Hansen message board five years ago, I have wondered how SDSU and NDSU would stack up against the non-scholarships schools of D1AA. Five years later, we have the answer.

The Bison seem to be off to a good start and embarrassed Valprasio who is coming to Brookings next year. I will be happy if the Jacks beat UCD 2-0 next week, but I think we have reason to fear the Bison,they are very much back.

Here is the game story link:

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...l&id=68250

Re: NDSU CLOBBERS VALPO 52-0

Next week we go up against UNC at Greeley. That is going to be a damn tough game...

Comment

Without a question the UNC will be a test for the Bison. Its amazing how Kay Dalton keeps going and keeps the UNC machine fine tuned at the age of 70 something. I really thought Dalton would coach only one season after whats his name left for Montana.

I expect the Jacks will have plenty to play for on October 9. By the time we go to Greeley on Nov 20, I hope we still have enough guys to fill a travel squad that was 55 at D2. I dont know what it is at D1AA.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
        Without a question the UNC will be a test for the Bison. Its amazing how Kay Dalton keeps going and keeps the UNC machine fine tuned at the age of 70 something. I really thought  Dalton would coach only one season after whats his name left for Montana.
        Don't you mean the current coach at Wyoming, Joe Glenn!

Wyoming should be 2-1 after beating Appalachian State at home then losing at Texas A & M-College Station before beating Ole Miss in Laramie. If we get REAL lucky, the Pokes could be 3-0 after the first three games.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke

Wyoming should be 2-1 after beating Appalachian State at home then losing at Texas A & M-College Station before beating Ole Miss in Laramie.  If we get REAL lucky, the Pokes could be 3-0 after the first three games.
          Bringing this topic full-circle-

OKC_Poke,

Who's your AD's alma mater? ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy

Bringing this topic full-circle-

OKC_Poke,

Who's your AD's alma mater?  ;D ;D
            Gary Barta graduated from <drum roll, please>

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

BTW, Joe Glenn graduated from USD.

However, South Dakota State does have 1 grad on the coaching staff at Wyoming,....Mike Breske.

HJe's the assistant head coach/Def. Coor./secondary coach at UW.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke

Wyoming should be 2-1 after beating Appalachian State at home then losing at Texas A & M-College Station before beating Ole Miss in Laramie.  If we get REAL lucky, the Pokes could be 3-0 after the first three games.
              Give OKC POKE A cigar and kupie doll, yes I did mean Joe Glen.

Yes Mike Breske is an SDSU alum and was the other finalist for head coaching job at SDSU in 1997.  We hired Coach Stig.  Next time around, I would hope Breske will apply again. I think he is a great coach and his UNC-Montana-Wyo experience would be priceless.

Comment

Off the Wyoming topic, Congrats to the Bison!! Way to start things out in DI. Good luck vs UNC.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X