sdsu loses a qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdsu loses a qb

a friend tells me that they lost the qb from omaha. from what he was telliing me sdsu had never had a qb like him. 4.4 speed and a arm like a gun. and the strange part he was going to back up brad. he also thinks he might end up playing for eric e.(o.c.) anyone have any info on this

Re: sdsu loses a qb

Its news to me and disappointing if true. I believe you are referring to Adrian Headon.

Comment

I was just looking at the preseason 2004 roster which I assume was that of spring football, and there are a number of names including Demitrice Wiggins and Adrian Headen missing from this roster.

I also looked at Southwest Minnesota State's roster and no transfers from SDSU are listed. That does not mean that they did go over there and may have to sit out one year because of going from D2 to D2.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...ster/Index.cfm

They may for academic reasons may not participated in spring ball.  I wonder if players are permentantly gone from SDSU or might they still show up for fall camp.  Also missing is Freddy Ellis no2 and Tyron Slaughter No 3 who was a good defensive CB.  It will be interesting to see what the fall roster looks like.

Lets wait and see.

Comment

I heard Freddie Ellis has been in contact with Southwest Minn. State (Coach Eidsness). He just may be playing for them!

Comment

Jacksmom:

That is interesting. Do you know of others that may be making the short move to Marshall? Only a good mom would find out these things. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksmom
            I heard Freddie Ellis  has been in contact with Southwest Minn. State (Coach Eidsness).  He just may be playing for them!
            Welcome to the board Jacksmom. Thanks for posting.

Go State! ;D

Comment

it's true mr headen is at smsu. i was told he joined sdsu because he liked eric e. offense mindset. as for mr wiggins he didnt get asked back to school this year.

Comment

Having had a conversation at the Social after the game with Luke Meadows, I found out an interesting reason(s) for Adrian Headen's tranfer.  Apparently after spring ball, Andy Kardoes was still ahead of Adrian in the depth chart. Plus  Andy Kardoes got another year of eligiblity from a medical hardship, from his injury last season.  That would have put Adrian behind  Andy for most of his eligibilty, plus there was an attachement to Eric Eidness. Also Adrians desire to change majors to one offered at SWMSU was probably the clincher.  

Coach Meadows said this transfer probably worked out best for everyone as now Adrian has a chance play at SWMSU and meet his educational goals.  Coach Meadows also said he would not have liked a person who might be reluctant to give a 100 per cent effort.

Also one other player that is at SWMSU is DJ Fisher's brother from Gettysburg. Coach Meadows said that the best he could offer the younger Fischer was a walk on, but he thought the younger Fisher could play lots of ball just about any were else whereas he would have to wait at SDSU and earn his scholarship money.

Coach Mc Fadden told me a little about James Epps and Mike James, the two JUCO additions.  They are both grads of a private high school in KC and went to Fort Scott JC because they did not like their football offers out of high school. Often going to a JUCO is a reason to make up academic deficiencies, not true with these two young men.

Mike James completed the Juco academic program in three semesters. Both James and Epps have GPA's that I only dreamed of. Very high.  He further said that when both came to SDSU and Brookings, they said this was where they wanted to be.  Both happen to be African Americans by the way.  So much for Mav 1 AND bIg Jake's charges about SDSU not being able to attract  African Americans.  We can.

I admire our coaches for their honesty and integrity in working with the younger players.  We should expect transfers based on the better talent that we will be able to attract by moving up to D1AA. Some times it means not holding the local talent and South Dakota talent.  The goal is to compete at a higher level and it means expanding our recruiting area beyond the six state region that was used as a benchmark in D2.

I think SDSU has a great football staff and look out everyone here we come. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                X