Congrats on a great win!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on a great win!!

That was a huge win for SDSU. The Jacks headed down south and out played a quality team. This surely surprised me and many others. I am glad to see the Jacks make a big splash on the football scene!

Re: Congrats on a great win!!

WyoBison:
    Thanks a bunch. It was big and as I said on another thread that this win was shadowed only by a 1935 upset of Wisconsin. I hope everyone in the SDSU community can put it in its proper perspective.  The 1935 team after beating the Badgers lost some games that they should not have. Dont have the media guide handy, but they struggled.

This win should be a confidence builder but hopefully its no more.  Playing Cal Poly, I would think we would come in with more confidence and play our hearts out.  

I think this game showed what our staff of assistants are about.  They are working very hard and motivating the team.   Coach Stig said they followed the game plan to a tee. I think the offensive game plan can work where Luke Meadows the O line coach calls the run plays and  Coach Wilkenson the quarterback coach calls the pass plays.  Coach Stig said in the post game show that they felt they could run on Southern, so that kind  pulls these two guys together in making decisions.  You could have had some horrible coaching if these two gentlemen developed differences in the middle of the game.

You cant ask for more with only 38 scholarships.
    You have to use a great deal of emotion TO make these wins possible and even the assistant coaches need to work as a team and last night they did.  

There are still some tough games ahead including the Bison so you only ask for the best effort of the players and coaches.  Thats about all we can ask for as a fan. ;D

Comment

Jacks-
      Woo hoo!

Great win guys- I did not expect it, but was so happy to see it!

Congrats!

Comment

Good win guys...

Thanks for boosting our strength of schedule a little bit.

Comment

Just want to congrat the Jacks on an impressive win!!!!  the 1st 1-AA win way to go.  The boys still have a very tough road ahead.  I wish them the best of luck in the rest of their games.  2 in a row?  Can it happen?

Isn't Southern a rated team? I thought they were? Where are they rated?

Thanks

Comment

They were pre-season top 25.  Lost to McNeese State (they were #1 most of last year) week 1 and dropped out of the polls.  However Southern is a quality team.  They went 12-1 last year and they are the defending SWAC Champions and Black College National Champions.

Southern's Mumford Stadium along with Montana's Washington-Griz, and Georgia Southern' Paulson Stadium, are some of the most diffucult places to play in all of I-AA.  This was a quality win any time and to have it be our first as a I-AA against another I-AA is outstanding.

Every year from now on when I see Southern take on Grambling in the Bayou Classic on NBC, I will flash back to our first win.  ;D

http://www.statefarmbayouclassic.com...;Ver=0&W=M

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
            X