Jackrabbits better then Bison so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits better then Bison so far

I would like the record to show that as of right now the Jackrabbits are having a better football season then the Bison and here is why.

SDSU 3-1

NDSU 3-1

SDSU's loss was to a team that is very close to being ranked in the top 25 and is undefeated, 3-0.

NDSU's loss came to a team that didn't get a vote in the top #25 and is 1-3.  NDSU is the only team they have beaten.  

SDSU has two D-II wins, one over a D-II top 25.

NDSU has one D-II win (a top 25) and a NAIA win.

SDSU has a win over I-AA Southern University, defending SWAC Champions, and National Black College Champions, with votes in this weeks top 25.  A win the Rabbits got on the road.

NDSU's I-AA win can against Valpo defending Pioneer League Champions.  However, the Pioneer Leauge doesn't  give scholarships, Valpo received no votes in the top 25, and the game was played in Fargo.

I know football is NDSU's pride and joy and this has to hurt, after all basketball season is coming.    8)

Go Jackrabbits, the Dakota Marker isn't going anywhere!  ;D

Re: Jackrabbits better then Bison so far

What do you mean "so far"?

Comment

Nice analysis. Tough to argue that. This week could change things though, but it will be decided soon.

GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Great analysis, that's the same point i was trying to get across in the Football section, The bison haven't done anything yet this year more than us yet we are going to be a cupcake for them if you read most of their fans posts.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I also tried to make this point when the preseason rankings came out. We were 7-4 last year with a few close losses (UND, Winona, UNO) and a few out-right losses (NDSU). We returned our major weapons on offense but did have some big shoes to fill on defense. A win vs. NDSU this year and a successful season should gain the program some respect.

Comment

The BISON are better. They have the better record. That doesnt mean SDSU isnt good, they are. Sound defense and good offense.

I think you have silenced all the nay sayers that keep arguing SDSU wasnt ready for DI-AA football and might even be a doormat. There is a lot of difference between being a doormat and losing a hard fought football game against a quality opponent on the road.

Next week is a huge game both nationally, in the GWFC and the region. Good luck to both teams.

Comment

3-2 v. 4-1. When the records are this close, you have to look at the competition each has faced. I think 89 laid it out pretty clearly that the Jacks have had the tougher opposition so far. However, in one week the records will be the same, but SDSU will have the head-to-head.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

JBB,

Before you start flaunting your one additional win, let's look at your weak schedule so far.  None of the I-AA team you have played has a winning record.  You combine them and they are 6-9.  On the other hand, all of SDSU's I-AA opponents have winning records.  When combined they are 11-2.

Since we just stood toe to toe with the #13 ranked team in the nation at their place while you struggled with a team that didn't get any votes in the top 25, I am not sure your one additional win qualifies yours as the better team.  

Don't get me wrong, I think the Bison are a fine team, it is just that I still think SDSU is having a better season.  See you on Saturday at the Beef Bowl.  The Dakota Marker is staying in South Dakota!

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison!  ;D

Comment

Yea, it's sad that a program of NDSU's caliber feels the need to set up a weak schedule. It's like they are afraid of failing and embarassing themselves. I agree that NDSU is a good team and they have a FANTASITC program, but they reallly need to beef up their schedule.

Comment

Cal Poly Mustang posted this on the Any Given Saturday board:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/cgi-...mp;thread=6011

Cal Poly Mustang wrote:

According to the Sagarin ratings they have the toughest schedule in the GWFC:
                    Cal Poly-SLO - 130
                    South Dakota State - 132
                    Northern Colorado - 154
                    Southern Utah - 172
                    UC Davis - 187
                    North Dakota State - 211

Look who is bringing up the rear.  :

Comment

89, are those the same Sagarin ratings that show NDSU to be a 8pt favorite, even with the SDSU home field advantage? ;D

Comment

Where do you get that?  The most recent Sagarin rating that I found (which does not include last nights games) would have SDSU winning by almost 2 1/2 points (2.47 to be 100% accurate).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc04.htm

To make predictions for upcoming games, simply compare the RATINGS of
                        the teams in question and allow an ADDITIONAL  3  points for the home
                        team.  Thus, for example, a HOME team with a rating of 92 would be
                        favored by  5  points over a VISITING team having a rating of 90.
                        Or a VISITING team with a rating of 89 would be favored by  7  points
                        over a HOME team having a rating of 79.

NOTE: Use whatever home advantage is listed in the output below.
                             In the example just above, a home edge of 3 was shown for
                             illustrative purposes. The home edge will vary during the season.

NDSU 49.60
                        SDSU 48.66

Home advantage = 3.41

So the outcome would be that the Bison won't see the Dakota Marker for a year.  That being said Cal-Poly should have won by 18.67 points last night.  I am glad they play the games on the field and not in computers.  See you in Brookings!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
                          Yea, it's sad that a program of NDSU's caliber feels the need to set up a weak schedule.  It's like they are afraid of failing and embarassing themselves.  I agree that NDSU is a good team and they have a FANTASITC program, but they reallly need to beef up their schedule.
                          Montana Tech funds more scholarships than Winona and Western Oregon combined. Our next four games are @ SDSU, S. Utah, Cal-Poly and NW State. On paper SDSU is the weakest of these opponents. What does it mean? nothing let's just play the game ladies ;D

Comment

Originally posted by somebison.

Montana Tech funds more scholarships than Winona and Western Oregon combined.  Our next four games are @ SDSU, S. Utah, Cal-Poly and NW State.  On paper SDSU is the weakest of these opponents.  What does it mean? nothing let's just play the game ladies ;D
                            Agreed, lets play the game. As far as a schedule during the 5 year transition period, the school making that transistion, can't be choosy and often has to take what they can get. SDSU got some of their games that now make it looklike a very tough schedule very late and after NDSU had filled their schedule. The Southern addition did not happen until June. Carroll College (Mt)would have been a more attractive opponent than Montana Tech, but they were probably not available or they probably did not want to be embarrassedin Fargo.
                            Carson Newman was a respectible opponent in my opinion. So its kind of hard to make any statement like this at this point in the season.

None the less it will be a great game Saturday. We welcome all the bison fans.

Comment

Originally posted by somebison.

Our next four games are @ SDSU, S. Utah, Cal-Poly and NW State.  On paper SDSU is the weakest of these opponents.  What does it mean?
                              Four loses for the Bison I guess.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X