Mailer for the Dakota Marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailer for the Dakota Marker

Just got a mailer from the Alumni Association promoting the up coming Dakota Marker game with NDSU. Good to see they are getting the word out early for those who need to find a place to watch the game. I will be in Brookings so I can cheer as we beat the Bison, just like we did the last time they came to Brookings.

It is a nice piece color pictures and all. For those who can't get to the game here is a web site that will direct you so you can watch it on TV.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/AlumniFounda...cast/Index.cfm

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! The Dakota Marker belongs to us! ;D

Re: Mailer for the Dakota Marker

NorthDakotaBison posted this over on the Bison board:

Coordinates for the game

IA5 Cband Transponder 19 !

Comment

So where is everyone going to watch the Beef Bowl?

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! ;D

Comment

Here is a link to the Bison's info, looks like many of the same places with maybe a few more:

http://www.ndsualumni.com/coe/satgam...pjDH0gfCJ0gnTP

Comment

I'll be at McMurphy's sports bar in Rochester, MN if I'm not in the OR. I hope to see other SDSU fans but I may not. 91rabbit can you find the time??
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm sure you will see Jeff Nolz there since he is the host ;D

Actually, l would hope there would be a lot from that area there.

I'm lucky enough to be at Coughlin. Thank heavens the weddings are done now for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
              I'm sure you will see Jeff Nolz there since he is the host ;D

Actually, l would hope there would be a lot from that area there.

I'm lucky enough to be at Coughlin.  Thank heavens the weddings are done now for me!
              My understanding is that the NDSU host Scott Heck has been setting up the NDSU/UND broadcast here in Rochester for years. He again is hosting this gathering and is expecting quite a turnout from the NDSU crowd. I have had difficulty convincing the SDSU grads I know to attend as a McMurphy's full of marginally domesticated NDSU fans does not conjure up attractive images.

Perhaps Jeff has been active in obtaining some incentives from the SDSU alumni association and these could be used as bait to attract more SDSU fans. Unfortunately, I have never been contacted by him and I am not aware of any ongoing activity at this time. I did not receive the Dakota Marker mailer, however. I have corrected this with the alumni association.

Regardless, I hope to see some SDSU fans on Saturday as I suspect it will be another great day for Jackrabbit athletics.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good point, but there has to be quite a few Jacks fans in the area. I know quite a few grads there. Hopefully intimidation isn't a factor.

marginally domesticated NDSU fans
                ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I'll be watching in a classroom here at OU. We're going to tune in the game on the college TV station's satellite dish. OU-Texas earlier is just a warmup for the REAL game of the week.

Comment

If you know of anyone within 200 miles of Atlanta, tell them that NorthDakotaBison expects them at the game!

Comment

Anyone else want to share where they are going to be to watch history in the making?

Comment

1st half--CAS
                        2nd Half--"THE BACKYARD"

Comment

In the stands Section F row 17.

Comment

For those with a "Big" Dish, NorthDakotaBison posted this on anohter board.

NorthDakotaBison wrote:

It's also available on KU G-11 Transponder 13

Comment

Yes, jackmd, I can find the time but I will be a bit late (must get at least a couple of younguns to bed before I depart). I echo your sentiments about McMurphy's; in fact I spoke with Jim Speirs at length about the site selection and was informed that we are following NDSU's lead. Given that in my profession (especially in the Upper Midwest) I have many NDSU pharmacy colleagues, I have learned to tolerate them somewhat. (USD in another matter...)

Hopefully we can be more proactive in future site selection and remove SDSU from the dreaded confines of McMurphy's.

Comment

Working...
                              X