NDSU/SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU/SDSU

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves with Poly this week, but does it seem to anyone else that NDSU is completely overlooking the game next saturday.  From some of the posts here, and definately the posts on bisonville, they have no respect for our Jacks.  
    My question is, how good is NDSU.  I think this week will tell us a lot about next weekend, as NDSU faces their first big test since their L at, from what it looks like, an average No. Colorado.  They keep talking about their wins, but they haven't beat anybody better than we have. ( And i would say Southern, even though they are down, was twice a big as win as any of NDSU's.)  I know we got kicked last year in Fargo, but we never play good in the dome, and we are a much better team at Coughlin.  I think the game is going to be much closer than anyone thinks, again, i am anxious to see how we play against Poly this weekend, and how the bison fair down south against a 1AA.

I also find it funny how they talk about our schedule and how they couldn't schedule any better Football teams because they were scared the Bison might beat them. : It doesn't seem to hurt us in scheduling Basketball games, I wonder what there excuse is there. They would definately be the cupcake for D1's during the basketball season.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: NDSU/SDSU

I disagree completely, we absolutely have to win in Brookings or people are going to be pissed.

I'm sure that Bohl, the other coaches, and players believe this as well.

I'm really hoping for some good press to come out for next weeks game and I don't think that I'll be disappointed.

Also, I think that Carson-Newman and Southern were equal caliber teams, but you beat SU on the road and it's clearly a much bigger win.

Comment

I think they have a little bit more of a rough and tumble style on the Bisonville board. The partisans there seem really confident and maybe the fans are overlooking SDSU, but that's not surprising. I lived and worked in Fargo years ago, and they have really committed and vocal fans.

I seriously doubt if the NDSU coaches and players are overlooking anybody. You don't win 8 national titles by overlooking opponents.

I think it will be a good game and I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Thanks for the props on the Southern win NDBISON, but i would classify Carson-Newman much close to Winona State's caliber than Southern Univerisity. Just opinions i guess and you know what they say about those
        Like I said, can't wait until this weekend because i think we will find out a lot about both teams before the marker game.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I know this has been discussed before, but how many do you think will be in attendence for this game. NDSU travels well, particularly for football and it's the Beef Bowl. Last year we drew 7373 v UND. Is it possible that we top 12000?

Comment

I think we will be right around that. They shoud bring 1-2,000 from NDSU. It's only our second home game and with the big win over Southern it should pack them in. Even if we flop against Poly.

I predict:

Favorable weather 1250+

Crappy weather (cold/rain) 10,000

If we play them in an early Hobo Days down the road, we may break the record.

Comment

As long as the weather is decent, there should be a lot more than 1,000 Bison fans at the game. There definitely was more than that for the Minnesota NCC's and Augie last year.

The Bison aren't overlooking SDSU. They have to worry about Nicholls State first, and then the focus will be on SDSU.

Comment

it's also the only viable road trip for most fans as well as holding historical importance

Comment

I assume this is the official Game thread.

Can't wait till Saturday for this game. Should be a great day for a game and tailgaiting: Sunny and breezy high of 74.

SDSU 24
                  NDSU 21

GO STATE!!

Comment

Did anyone see the Jacks commercial Saturday for the Game? I was watching ESPN in SF, SD and caught part of it. It was a pretty good commercial showing Jacks sports and the Pride with an announcement for the NDSU game at the end.

I assume it was a local commercial, but I think it was well done and effective.

GO STATE!!!!

Comment

That's the kind of thing they should post on gojacks.com. I'm still frustrated by the relatively static content there. Yes, you can get scores and other basic information. But there are no stories (see the other Great West Conference school sites) and gojacks.com remains an athletic department site (the content is identical to the athletic department) rather than an intercollegiate sports site.

Comment

That would be a good place for that stuff. What I wish they had was links to more of the history stuff. Basically they only have the stats up for the Steig. regime. Plus you have to sort through it all.

Hopefully the rest of the football program can step up as much as the team has this year. :-/

Comment

I just found out that NDSU will bringing their band again this year!! That always makes for good entertainment.

I believe they were there when we beat NDSU two years ago.

That should add another 300-500 to the crowd.

GO PRIDE!!!
                          GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                            That would be a good place for that stuff.  What I wish they had was links to more of the history stuff.  Basically they only have the stats up for the Steig. regime.  Plus you have to sort through it all.

Hopefully  the rest of the football program can step up as much as the team has this year.  :-/
                            When I want historical info I go to the media guide. It is on line at go.jacks.com under football. It does take awhile to pull up even with a DSL but worth the effort if you want to dig into the program.

Go Jacks! ;D

Comment

Thanks again.

I just downloaded it. 8.7 mb Looks like it's very comprehensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X