SDSU vs NDSU tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs NDSU tailgate

So who is going to the "Backyard" before the big game and what are you cooking?

I will be behind a black Ford with KS Lic. Plate with my SDSU Car Flag proudly flying. Bison Burgers on the Grill. Stop by and say hi if you see me.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! ;D

Re: SDSU vs NDSU tailgate

I'll be there probably in a maroon Dodge Ram Quad Cab with a pair of Bison flags* (one yellow, one green) flying 21 feet above the ground. It will probably be just my father and I, so we'll try to get around and socialize, but feel free to stop by and say hi (it might be easier to identify Bison fans than Jack fans in the tailgate area). I will be wearing a #90 new school Bison jersey, so I should be easy to identify.

The menu will probably be something simple, as the charcoal Weber will be the grill of choice for traveling.

Question- Any problem with tailgating at about 2:00? I plan on leaving Fargo around noon, but saw that "The Backyard" opens two and a half hours before kickoff?

Comment

I'm not sure about how early it opens, never been there more than an 2 hours early, but I imagine it will be open.

But I do know it will be closer to a 3hr drive from Fargo to Brookings. If you haven't been there before take the first exit. Then it will be the second dirt road on your left by the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
        Question- Any problem with tailgating at about 2:00? I plan on leaving Fargo around noon, but saw that "The Backyard" opens two and a half hours before kickoff?
        Unless things have drastically changed, you can pull in when you hit town and start tailgating. When I left two seasons ago, people were free to park there anytime (even had some overnighters).

I'll be there, but won't have the requisite tailgate items. I'm planning on eating the Beef Bowl BBQ fare, but will be socializing as much as I can.

To those that know me and others on the board, I wouldn't mind being introduced to a few of the regulars on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
          I'm not sure about how early it opens, never been there more than an 2 hours early, but I imagine it will be open.  

But I do know it will be closer to a 3hr drive from Fargo to Brookings.  If you haven't been there before take the first exit.  Then it will be the second dirt road on your left by the stadium.
          My dad's driving. It will be closer to two hours. ;D ;D

Comment

I think they say tailgating starts two and half hours before the game to try to keep it somewhat under control. But I have been there much earlier and plan to be there between 3:30 and 4:00. Go Jacks! Go Twins!

Comment

Welcome AJacks, always great when another rabbit post on the board!

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! ;D

Comment

Anybody know if the bookstore is going to be open Saturday afternoon? I think it's normally open until 2 or 3 on Saturdays. Seems like it might make sense to stay open a little later on the days of home night games to take some money from us out-of-towners before we head over to the Backyard. Otherwise, all I can get is that ridiculous rabid bunny at Scheels on my way through Sioux Falls.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Sports Connection downtown also has some good stuff. You can whip down to make sure the Beer and Ray's Corner is still cold and buy a shirt or something.

Comment

Do you know the hours of the Sports Connection on Saturday? I might try to hit both spots early and make a day of it all.

Comment

According to the web:

Sports Connection is open from 9 am - 5 pm on Saturday

University Book Store is open from 11 am - 3 PM on Saturday

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison!  ;D

P.S. Wal-Mart now has a large selection of SDSU licensed gear, however the quality is not the same as Sports Connection or UBS, in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks 89. I won't have to leave as early then. Looking to sport some new apparel at the game. Unfortunately I don't have any as I let my fiance try my SDSU hooded sweatshirt and won't give it back ;D

Comment

I'll be there in a silve Hyundai Santa Fe with the SD plates just waiting for the SDSU decal and the gorgeous new SDSU hitchover in its place. Plan is to be cooking on the grill (I like the buffalo burger idea if I can convince the family) and listening to Johan stupify the Yankees. Will have an assortment of beverages & munchies so stop on over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Just got back.  It was great meeting even more posters from the board (even some NDSU guys).  I did have a family emergency that required me to return to SD ahead of schedule, and ahead of my wife and kids.  My wife came up on Friday as scheduled and we took her red SUV to the "Backyard".  My apologies to anyone who went looking for my black Ford. :-[  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

We got there much later than expected, and had to park in the overflow. Kids really enjoyed the play area.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X