NORTH WIND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORTH WIND

What is that I smell blowing into Brookings from the north?  Could it be a big serving of North Dakota crow??

Re: NORTH WIND

Big Jake, I see you are online right now. What do you have to say now?

Comment

The whine has begun.

On the WDAY satellite feed they pitched it to a field reporter right after the end of the game. He had been talking to NDSU's coach Craig Bohl. When they went live to the field, the reporter said something that indicated Bohl had been griping about the calls then asked the coach to comment on the officiating. Bohl looked really annoyed and said "You know we don't comment on the officiating." Of course the implication was that Bohl had been doing just that to the reporter seconds before they put him on the air.

Also, after SDSU scored the winning touchdown, there was a good 20 seconds of dead air on the broadcast. The Fargo announcers were rendered speechless by the thought that their precious Bison might actually lose.

That was fun!

Comment

On the Jacks post game show Stig. indicated that he and Bohl are good friends, but after the game Bohl didn't have anything to say to him. Sore looser. When are they gonna realize that the Rabbits always come to play.

Comment

NDSU is begining to show its true colors. Cheap personal fouls, dirty/undisciplined play, Bohls days are numbered. The better school, better team, better fans, better people get the victory tonight. Lets only hope recruits can see through the bison BS and come play for people who really care.

Jackrabbits the team of the future, bison back to yote and sue ville.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

He can't complain about the bad calls, we had plenty too.

I think they were very shocked tonight.

What a day for SDSU!!!

Comment

Yeah, we sent "The Thundering Turds" home with a big thanks for sucking.

Comment

From what I understand ndsu can't complain about calls. That first half catch that set up the td hit the ground.

Next up Montana State (3-2), they beat winless Weber at home (on homecoming) on a last second feild goal set up by a turnover. story below

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=242830147

Comment

The first half catch did hit the ground, no doubt.  You saw how they played.  They are cheap, they lose, we win.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I was there.

I predicted earlier in the week: SDSU 21, Buffalo Chips 7.

Okay, I was wrong on the score.

You know the expression "Let the chips fall where they may"?

Well, the chips fell. The Buffalo chips.

It was sooo much fun to be there.

Comment

The first half pass did hit the ground. The WDAY announcers couldn't move on quickly enough after they showed the replay once. They just declared it a catch and moved on.

Comment

I was at the game. I thought NDSU and fans took the loss rather graciously. They brought band and more fans than USD ever brought. Give them credit, the NDSU fans make noise outside as well as inside. We SDSU fans seem to be very quiet and waiting for that big Bison play to crack open the game and it never really came last night. We do need to take some lesson from the Bison fans on how to make noise and rattle the opponent, because, if we go to Washington-Grizzly staduim next year expect more noise than NDSU has ver made. The U of Montana fans are not very gracisous so we need to get ready for Montana U in 2005.

I do think that our O line seem to do a better job. NDSU has a good running back No34, Chapman, or should I say he is a quick runner, but either the NDSU O line was not opening the holes for him or he was having problems following his blocks. Also No 23 is no slouch either Steffes, but he too seemed to be shut down several times. Give our D credit, there a number of plays that were contained, but they could have been NDSU TD'S. No doubt about one of the most thrilling games as a Jack Fan.

Comment

I couldn't agree more about our crowd. I was very disappointed to see the fans where I was seated (in the reserve seating section) stay sitting after the Jacks scored. You mean you can't even stand and make some noise when we score? Come on! NDSU's crowd was loud at times. The dead beats on our side could take some lessons.

Comment

I, too, thought our crowd was subdued compared to the Bison fans. But, this afternoon I spoke with a Jack fan who sat in general admission on the east side...across from the Pride and SDSU student section...she said our crowd and band were very loud.

I was seated in reserved near the north 30 yard line and could not catch the impact of our band and students.

NDSU people told me the Bison had more than 600 students and about 2000 total fans at the game.

Comment

Just as an aside, I have also noted that in recent years the BB crowd is much more subdued. The Frost arena crowd has begun to remind me more of the Dean dome in Chapel Hill and less like Cameron indoor at Duke. I doubt the new seating arrangement will improve the noise. Attitudes need to change if we want to rock Coughlin like the bison rock the dome.

Comment

Working...
                              X