Open date this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open date this weekend

I know what I'll be doing.  4 day weekend filled with trap shooting, waterfowl hunting and the ultimate, pheasant opener.  I will arrive in Brookings this evening and I hope to make it to midnight madness Friday night but small town festivities may take a priority  .  Any other pheasant fanatics out there?

What will the team and coaches be doing with this open weekend?  Just curious.  I hope the momentum from the NDSU win can carry over to next weekend at Montanta St.  As of today I like our chances.

Last point, use to be I could leave town and not check the board for 5 days and catch right up when I returned.  This might be a problem (al biet a good one) now.  Nice to have an active membership.  
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Open date the weekend

I know coach Stig is exited to go to Selby and hunt with his father. He mentioned this on the post game and Jackrabbit report. He said he hasn't been able to do this in 20 years or so.

He deserves it!!

Good luck on your hunts!

Comment

Re: Open date this weekend

I'll be heading to the Pierre area for the Pheasant opener. Hadn't missed an opening weekend in years but missed the last 2 due to having babies. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Comment

I know of a number of the players who are going pheasant hunting this weekend. I for one think it is a great way to relax and have some fun. Then come back and put the finishing touches are a very good season...

Go Jacks !!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

In a little more than 24 hours, we will see how the open week affected the team play and motiviation when we take on Montana State.

I am happy that Coach Stig got back to Selby to hunt with his father. His parents are quite remarkable. They are both in the 80's and never miss a game in Brookings. Also it certainly is a good thing for getting the team healed from prior game injuries. Also hope the players who like to hunt got some that in and all came back safe and sound with game to nurish there hard working bodies.

The thing I am concerned about is that this team is very motivated and plays to a certain extend with emotion thanks to the coaching staff. I hope this past week has been a good one in practice and everyone coaches and players have not been too relaxed that we come out flat on Saturday. That would be a disater and I hope and pray it does not happen.

Comment

SDSUFAN, you just nailed the reason most Cat fans are so happy to be playing SDSU this weekend rather than having a bye weekend. While off weeks are good for healing up injuries, the Cats have a history of coming back very flat. I hope this doesn't happen to the Jacks as I am looking forward to a good game this weekend.

GO CATS!

Comment

It could be a factor, but I think our coaches will have our guys ready. We will know tomorrow. ;D

Comment

Working...
              X