Anthony Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Watson

I may have missed the talk in other topics but I was wondering why Anthony Watson changes Jersey numbers all the time. ie last year he wore 30, this year he started with 22 and in the pictures of the MSU game I noticed he had # 3. ???

Re: Anthony Watson

I do know that the change from 30 to 22 was because, number 22 was his number in high school.  I had my walkman ear phones on at the Beef Bowl or one of the games he had a cut and had blood on his jersey and had to change due to HIV rules instituted by the NCAA. I did not know that he was wearing No 3 yesterday. That is the former number of Slaughter who has left the team. Jerry Oster mentioned the change in numbers I believe during one of the games. It escapes me now when and they did not mention on WNAX that Watson was wearing no 3. Maybe they did, but I missed it.

Comment

Check out the pictures in the Argus Leader of yesterdays SDSU vs. MSU. It shows Watson wearing #3. http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2004/sdsu_msu/

Comment

Those are good photos and had not seen them. I have no idea why Watson is wearing no 3, must be his choice and the number is available. I dont think it really matters what number he wears as long as he keeps improving his run plays. I like his Ranek like toughness.

Comment

I think that Watson first put on #3 during one of the games this year either after ripping or getting blood on his original jersey. Maybe, he decided to keep it after a good game.

Comment

Nice pics, thanks for the link Jacks_Backer.

Comment

I do have some inside info on this one. One of the coaches told me that at the Southern game he had ripped his jersey and needed a new one, #3 was what they had along so he wore that. He had a pretty good game and decided that on the road he would keep that number.

Comment

Working...
              X