Prediction time: GSU-SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction time: GSU-SDSU

GAME WEEK!  Looking forward to seeing how good these Great West teams are.  

SDSU (4-3 on the year) heads to #2 GSU (6-1)

Since GSU hasn't scored less than 38 points against a I-AA team this season (48 at home) and since no I-AA has scored more than 17 against us (14 at home), I don't see a close ballgame this Saturday.

SDSU has been suprisingly good. Never expected them to be 4-3 at this point. I've made some far-fetched predictions on the smack board ('course so have a few of you, too). Today, I'm getting real.

GSU 48 - SDSU 14

On a bi-line here... any of you wabbits gonna be making the trip? Shoot me an email and we'll make some plans for gameday (tailgating is an artform down here...and worth the trip).

Re: Prediction time: GSU-SDSU

Well, I can't make it to the game but I will be listening. I am also pleasantly surprised with the Jacks season. Predicting scores is not something I normally do, because at times a serious prediction means I may have to pick against my team. That being said, I think you prediction is pretty close. The Jacks will probably keep it a little closer, 44-21 if we capitalize on all the opportunites we WILL make for ourselves.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I too hate to pick against my team but GSU 44 SDSU 24
      I think other than the Georgia Bulldogs, State will be the best team GSU has played this year. GSU could compete in ANY D1A conference in the nation this year. (Lucky the Huskers did'nt schedule them) GSU is probably better than 3-4 SEC teams, and would probably win a couple of the lower D1A conferences like the Sun Belt. Georgia Southern will roll easily to a national championship this year, but this is the best SDSU team in decades and I couldnt be more proud of their season so far. The Jacks will give you a better game than the other D1AA teams have.

Comment

I had to laugh when I discovered the Mighty Buzzards were asking the Bison (on their board) what they thought the outcome would be in our game with them this week.

They are apparently very nervous and needed a little reassurance. That is like asking Tom Daschle if he thinks John Kerry will win the election next week! : : : : :

The Buzzards should be nervous! They have everthing to lose and nothing to win! That is a lose/lose situation they put themselves into. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SDSU 28

GSU 14

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
          I had to laugh when I discovered the Mighty Buzzards were asking the Bison (on their board) what they thought the outcome would be in our game with them this week.

They are apparently very nervous and needed a little reassurance. That is like asking Tom Daschle if he thinks John Kerry will win the election next week! : : : : :

The Buzzards should be nervous!  They have everthing to lose and nothing to win! That is a lose/lose situation they put themselves into. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SDSU     28

GSU     14

JBNJBQ
          Let's keep the name calling to a minimum. This isn't the smack board... I'd like it if it STAYED off the smack board.

OK... back to the good natured predictions.

How's SDSU's team health. Have y'all managed to stay relatively injury free?

What's the scholy count up to? If you aren't up to the full amount yet, what's the time line on reaching it?

Comment

...and let's leave politics out of it too...I'm not sure I follow the attempted analogy with Daschle and Kerry but please! Part of the enjoyment of this message board is due to the fact that we don't have to talk about politics. I happen to know and like SDSU grad Tom Daschle but let's continue to keep politics off this board--even just the mention of people who are running for office.

My prediction: I'm looking for an upset and all of the elements are present for just that. SDSU 24, GSU 21.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
              ...and let's leave politics out of it too...I'm not sure I follow the attempted analogy with Daschle and Kerry but please!  Part of the enjoyment of this message board is due to the fact that we don't have to talk about politics.  I happen to know and like SDSU grad Tom Daschle but let's continue to keep politics off this board--even just the mention of people who are running for office.

Who's doing that? The only references I've seen were on the smack board. Personally, I'd prefer it if that name wasn't brought up in my presents at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gasoutherneagle

Who's doing that?  The only references I've seen were on the smack board.  Personally, I'd prefer it if that name wasn't brought up in my presents at all.
                Wasn't you gasoutherneagle. JBN suggested an analogy using political figures.

Comment

I'd like to be optimistic about this weekend's game, but I see the Jacks having a hard time with a powerhouse GSU team. That being said, I think this year's defense is clearly a run stopping D. GSU is a run heavy offense from what I've gathered. I believe they are very option orientated. If the NDSU game proved anything, it's that we can definitely stop a good running game.

I was back for the NDSU game and had an opportunity to talk with Coach Stig for an hour or so the Friday prior to the game. He was looking forward to the NDSU style because he felt the Jacks were better suited to defend a smashmouth running game. He also mentioned that the only other team on the schedule who would also employ that style would be the GSU Eagles. Warrants mentioning.

After all of that, I see the game as a little lower scoring than the 48-14 earlier prediction. The Jacks are among the league leaders in TOP in the Great West. GSU's running attack will also eat up large chunks of the clock leading to a game score in the neighborhood of 21-10 in favor of the Eagles. I think the Jacks turn some heads with their defense this week, but our offense will need to step it up a notch to make any sort of upset a reality. Wish I was going to the game! I have heard great things about the GSU home turf. Let's hope the Jacks give them all they can handle.

GSU 21 - SDSU 10

Let's Go 'Bits.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I been hearing the Citadel football scores for 50 years and last Saturday GSU took care of Citadel by a score of 42 to 7. I can appreciate what Milwaukee has said and being a former player, he knows what he is talking about.

We are hurting a little in the O line with Shaum out and some of the kids are in there for the first time this year. You would hope they will continue to mature and get better in holding the passing blocks which will give Nelson more time to find the receivers. I thought in listening to the MSU game, Nelson was often rushed and did not get that all day look for receivers. Hopefully we can improve on the holding blocks and our D can stop the run big time. If its a NDSU offense, I would agree we can stop it. It will be a battle on the line.

SDSU 21
                    GSU 17
                    Nothing to loose, but have faith in our guys in making a good showing and a win, wow, we are due.

Comment

Thought I'd throw in my completely biased prediction for the game even though I already predicted a GSU win in an earlier post. That was my rational side speaking. My "true believer" side knows that I will be sweating out each play while listening to the game on the internet longing for a Jacks win. The prediction I'm rooting and hoping for is:

SDSU 24 - GSU 21

If we don't believe, no one will.

-GW
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

No smack intended here and I'm not trying to belittle your team.

That said...

You have NO IDEA what kind of running, triple-option team we truly are. The team speed on both sides of the ball that you will see on Saturday is going to blow your mind. NDSU ain't like nothin' you'll see.

Again, no smack intended, but three other teams we've played this season have claimed the ability to stop the run. We hear that all the time... every season.

Good luck and I hope some of you make the trip.

Comment

I dont mean to talk smack, but you have to remember that Ga Southern has been running their high octane option offense for quite some time now and has been doing so effectively. I know that upsets happen everyday, but what makes SDSU think that they can come into Paulson Stadium and knock off a perennial I-AA powerhouse in Georgia Southern, I mean really. Depending on when Coach Sewak pulls the starters:

at halftime GSU 52- SDSU 7
                          start of 4 GSU 63- SDSU 3
                          never GSU 77- SDSU 3

again, this is not meant to talk smack but I really think SDSU is going to be in over their heads in this game. GSU will showcase its speed for one of I-AA's new arrivals.

Comment

After the first game of the year, I was ready to predict something in the neighborhood of 70-0. However, I think this team has proven, if nothing else, that they somehow rise to the occasion. All year long, people from other schools have come on this board telling us we were in over our heads, and besides the blowout in game one, we've always held our own. That being said, I'm going also with my heart and saying 38-36, Jacks upset Georgia Southern with a couple of late fluke TD's.

Comment

I'll prediect:

GSU 42 SDSU 24, I hope it's closer and an upset, but if we hold the margin to 24 or less it will be impressive for the program.

Comment

Working...
                              X