Bright Future for SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Future for SDSU

The score not withstanding, I was very impressed with your football team. They seemed very well-coached and did a lot of good things. Y'all were much bigger and faster than I expected. It gave us trouble on both sides of the ball. Y'all are going to make a lot of noise at the I-AA level. I expect you to be in the post season very soon.

I regret getting to meet only a few of the SDSU fans who made the trip. The ones I did meet were really good folks. I wish you nothing but success!

Re: Bright Future for SDSU

well, I'm not going to be that nice. SDSU fans doubted Ga Southern before this game. I talked about how GA southern has a team that can play with most I-A opponents and I was attacked by that statement, even though its true. SDSU really didn't impress me that much honestly. I mean we did win 63-7 and giving them the fumble back, it would have been 63-14. Now, since i'm giving them the fumble back, i'm taking away their first score where they got the long pass to get into our redzone because that receiver's knee was on the ground and it was confirmed on the replay screen. So, put the score back to 63-7. So, with that said, thats the 2nd most points scored this year by us with the exception of the hapless Johnson C. Smith team. SDSU impressive? I think not. So all the SDSU fans that said we were overrated because we played a bunch of teams with losing records, I guess we can add your team to the list of sucky teams we've beaten. Have fun watching us in the playoffs.

Comment

Boy, I bet you're fun to be around when your team loses! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

"Bright Future for SDSU"

Gotta agree here.

Damn good show by SDSU.

---------------

JBNJBQ

rot in "CROW" land.

Comment

good luck rest of season. now that you know what a I-AA dynasty is all about you can work for it. good showing by SDSU fans as well

Comment

Originally posted by gasoutherneagle
            "Bright Future for SDSU"

Gotta agree here.

Damn good show by SDSU.

---------------

JBNJBQ

rot in "CROW" land.

You know you love me Hernia! Take two Preparation-H orally and call me in the morning. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

To all the GSU fans:

We had to endure a lot of smack talking from you the past few weeks. Now that the game was played, I have to admit you are right. But thank you for being good sports and for the nice comments about the team. I think we will be pretty good in a couple of years. You have to remember, we only have 1/2 the scholarships you do, and we are still playing with D2 athletes. That being said, I am pretty proud of our guys for what they have done this year.

Good luck to GSU. I hope you win it all!

Comment

wesley , that may have doubted you and so they should. they have just started in 1aa and never have been to the 1aa playoffs to see what the top of 1aa looks like. they have some growing to do but they are on track 8)
                Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Hey Jacks, thought your team played better than the score would indicate. You're not the only team who gets wowed by the speed of the GSU option and defense. That offense can put up points in a hurry.

Your future will be bright when the scholarships increase. You should be able to recruit well in your region, so I see your program only getting better.

Met one of your fans in our booster pregame social. He was a great guy who was proud of your team and glad to be in Statesboro. He did say that we Southerners "sure do know how to tailgate."

Best of luck as you continue the transition into 1-AA and hoperully into the Big Sky Conference. See ya next year.

Comment

Originally posted by wesley_4024
                    well, I'm not going to be that nice. SDSU fans doubted Ga Southern before this game. I talked about how GA southern has a team that can play with most I-A opponents and I was attacked by that statement, even though its true. SDSU really didn't impress me that much honestly. I mean we did win 63-7 and giving them the fumble back, it would have been 63-14. Now, since i'm giving them the fumble back, i'm taking away their first score where they got the long pass to get into our redzone because that receiver's knee was on the ground and it was confirmed on the replay screen. So, put the score back to 63-7. So, with that said, thats the 2nd most points scored this year by us with the exception of the hapless Johnson C. Smith team. SDSU impressive? I think not. So all the SDSU fans that said we were overrated because we played a bunch of teams with losing records, I guess we can add your team to the list of sucky teams we've beaten. Have fun watching us in the playoffs.

Thanks for being a gracious winner, Wesley. You come on this board and talk outrageous smack and we're supposed to just agree with you? I think most of us realized we would get killed, but if we don't stick up for our team, who will? I'm glad to see the majority of the GS faithful post a few nice words here, it reinforces what I already know to be true about our friends in the South.

Comment

Originally posted by wesley_4024
                       I was attacked by that statement...  
                      what?

good luck to sdsu down the road.

Comment

I would like to thank the GSU fans who have made compliementry comments despite the lopsided score in their favor.  Your team and program has to be respected. The depth at every position is unbelieveable.

Our neighbors up the road, NDSU, in the 1970's and 1980's had great depth and won National Championship at the D2 level several times.  The best NDSU team could not begin to be compared with this years GSU, and NDSU used to give us fits with their veer option offense.  Many teams in the NCC improved from NDSU's continuing success. I hope SDSU learned a number of things to day, about how to develope a strong and consistent football program at the D1AA level.

I remember visiting with our AD at a tailgate last year and read or heard about the possibility of playing Georgia Southern.  I ask him aren't we being kind of brave and crazy in scheduling a team like GSU in the first season of D1AA.  He said to me that the only way we can begin to think and act like we are going to be D1AA is to take on the best in D1AA.

SDSU could have played Drake or any number of non-scholarship D1AA schools, but why not play the best if you can get an appraisal of what you need to do in order to build a strong competitive program.

If nothing else, I think we did meet the very best today and I am glad we did. Our coaching staff probably learned a number of things today.

If our fans seemed kind of arrogant and brave in predicting an upset, its because many South Dakota doubters of SDSU move to D1AA have told us that we would be lucky to win three games this year. Well we did not beat GSU, but we have won 4 games and played two others very close.  This is beyond anyone's expectations with only 38 scholarships.  I only had our radio voices from WNAX to depend on and they are not "homers" by any means, and they felt SDSU did not play all that bad, its just the depth and quality of athletes that they faced.

The fact that the fifth string Fullback scored on us is because he was fresh and was running towards a defense that had been on the field all day.

I hope many of the GSU fans will make it up to Brookings next year and enjoy our great hunting and other points of interest. I would not expect it to be 85 degrees in South Dakota when you do come this way. You never know what to expect in terms of fall weather. This year we are having what is referred as an "Indian Summer" probably not politcally correct, but a reference where some times fall weather will be dominated with summer and spring temperatures.  Then again there could be snow on the ground, who knows.

Good luck to GSU with the rest of the season. I dont envy whoever get your draw in the playoffs.

Comment

I'll be rooting for Georgia Southern in the 1AA playoffs. From what I heard today, it sounds like a really impressive program. And as we've seen on this bulletin board, they have great fans, too.

This year we've seen what the top tier of 1AA looks like. Give us 25 more scholarships and if we can maintain this Jackrabbit team's attitude and heart, I think we can get there.

Comment

I wish I had more of a chance to talk to the SDSU fans and find out more about the school. I feel that y'all have a great foundation and will only get better.

I would love to go up there next year but I'm afraid I couldn't afford the cost of the trip :'(

Comment

Just have to tip my hat to the GSU fans. WOW! I predicted a big win for GSU, but not that big. The lesson I hope we learned, be gracious in victory - but don't stop until the final gun. Augie is going to have to pay for this.

GSU football team was clearly better than SDSU. Good luck the rest of the way and your still my pick to go all the way.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X