Chris Coauette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Coauette

Anybody heard if our stud LB has any invites to a senior bowl game or if anybody else on the team has received invites?
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Chris Coauette

I've gotten word on Jackson (UNC), Manfredda (UCD), Hunt (NDSU), Beck (CP), Overly (SUU) all playing in a game. Nothing on Coauette as of yet.

Comment

I think that Chris got an invite to play in the Cactus Bowl but not confident on that.

Also, Chris closed his college career out on a high note being named GWFC Defensive Player of the Week. Hopefully he will get his shot on Sundays.

Comment

http://www.i-aa.com/news/article_6910.shtml

Great West Players of the Week Selected
        GWC Media Relations
        Nov 21, 2004, 23:43

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - Two players from Southern Utah and one from South Dakota State earned Great West Football Conference player of the week honors for their performances in games on Saturday, Nov. 20.

Southern Utah quarterback Casey Rehrer was selected as offensive player of the week while South Dakota State linebacker Chris Coauette picked up defensive player of the week honors. Southern Utah strong safety Jason Lee was named special teams player of the week.

Five Great West teams were in action on the final weekend of the 2004 regular season. South Dakota State defeated Northern Colorado 14-7 in a Great West game while in non-conference contests Cal Poly beat Sacramento State 58-13, Southern Utah outscored Idaho State 45-31 and UC Davis fell 38-21 to Portland State. . . .

Coauette (6-3, 240, Sr., Crookston, MN) had 11 tackles (five solos), including two for lost yard-age, in the Jackrabbits’ win over Northern Colorado. Coauette added 1.5 sacks and two pass inter-ceptions as South Dakota State held the Bears scoreless until the 1:17 mark of the fourth quarter. Northern Colorado had just 163 yards total offense. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

It was reported that there were pro scouts at the UNC vs. SDSU game to look at Vincent Jackson's performance.  Who did not have a great performance until the last drive of the game. GREAT SDSU DEFENSE.  Hopefully that Chris Coauette's performance on Saturday turned some pro scouts heads.  It would nice to see a Jackrabbit drafted this year.  

Comment

I think the improvement in our defense as the year progressed was obvious. I would have loved a late season rematch with Cal-Davis and a game with Georgia Southern on our turf. Thats right, both of these things will happen next year (not sure what turf right now). 8 home games next fall. I'm already looking forward to it.

Coauette definitely has the potential to play on Sundays and I suspect he will get the chance.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's not too unusual for pro scouts to be at SDSU games. When they come to Coughlin they stroll along the visitors sidelines carrying a clipboard. And with there being a couple of Pro prospects playing (Coauette and V. Jackson) I'd bet there was more than 1 ;D

Comment

Working...
              X