Jacks get airtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks get airtime

Anybody watching the Pats vs. Ravens game today heard a nice discussion about whether Vinatieri belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Phil Simms said if he had a vote, Vinatieri would get it, based on winning two Super Bowls and by being such a clutch kicker. Jim Nantz wrapped up the discussion by saying something like "... the Jackrabbit, the Jackrabbit from South Dakota State University compiled his own highlight tapes and sent them to NFL teams."

By the way, Steve Heiden had a career day today against the Bungals -- 7 catches for 82 yards and 3 TDs. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos...meId=241128004
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Jacks get airtime

Great post, jacksfaninne.

Comment

I was at the Cleveland game on Sunday. Steve had a great game. He would have easily gone over 100 receiving yards had he not had two long catches called back on penalties. He has always had the hands to be a great receiver, but is usually used for his blocking skills. I'm glad the Bengals ran a cover 2 all day so he had the opportunity to get some balls thrown his way.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I did hear the SDSU comments about Vinny, was cool to hear.

Very nice to see Heiden to well also.

Comment

What I thought was neat was the coinciding comments about Vinny and SDSU as the scroll showing Heiden's performance went by on the bottom of the screen.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

One minor bad thing that aired over the weekend. On ESPN the other night, the SDSU/UIC score was presented in the ticker as:

South Dakot 66 UIC 80

In football, we were either S Dakota St. or SD State. I hope they settle on one soon, and I hope I never see us referred to as South Dakot again.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
              One minor bad thing that aired over the weekend. On ESPN the other night, the SDSU/UIC score was presented in the ticker as:

South Dakot 66  UIC 80

In football, we were either S Dakota St. or SD State. I hope they settle on one soon, and I hope I never see us referred to as South Dakot again.
              Ahhhhhhhhh!  I never want to be confused with the little D-II school down the road. >   I personally like S. Dakota St. but SD State is ok too.

OK_Jackrabbit, do you have any contacts at ESPN?  We need to make sure this NEVER happens again.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I think someone mentioned this on another thread but it looks like its time to bring it up again. We must think a little outside the box on this one. Looking at the larger scale there is only 1 school in SD that matters. So we ARE South Dakota's only team. Thus the reference.

It seemed to me that with football we were usually referred to as So Dak St.

Comment

I know one kid at ESPN.com. He was a student of mine at Iowa, Wayne Drehs. I'll email him. Before I do, though, which of the South Dakota State abbreviations does everybody like best?

We have one vote for S Dakota St.

I suppose the other choices are: SD State and So Dak State.

What do you think?

Comment

I like S. Dakota St. best. S. D. State can be mistaken for San Diego State.

Comment

I like S. Dakota St too. SD State wouldn't be bad, but it would get confusing to some that don't yet know about SDSU. I agree there should no longer be a South Dakota. That is giving the other university publicity it doesn't deserve, even though we are the ones playing.

Comment

My vote: S. Dakota St.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                          I know one kid at ESPN.com. He was a student of mine at Iowa, Wayne Drehs. I'll email him. Before I do, though, which of the South Dakota State abbreviations does everybody like best?

We have one vote for S Dakota St.

I suppose the other choices are: SD State and So Dak State.

What do you think?
                          I like So Dak State
                          ;D

Comment

So Dak State is great. SDSU often gets confused with San Diego State.

Comment

My vote is for S. Dakota St.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X