All Conference picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Conference picks

Can someone please tell me how all conference players are named?

Re: All Conference picks

tibar,

Welcome to the board and thanks for posting. According to the Great West press release the Coaches picked.

http://greatwestfootball.collegespor...112404aaa.html

Inaugural All-Great West Team Announced
    League coaches voted on teams and specialty awards.

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (Nov. 24) - Cal Poly linebacker Jordan Beck and Northern Colorado wide receiver Vincent Jackson earned top honors as the inaugural All-Great West Football Conference honors were announced Wednesday.

Selected by the conferencešs six head coaches, Beck was named Great West Defensive Player of the year while Jackson earned Offensive Player of the Year honors. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

As 89Rabbit posted, the all-conf teams are voted on by the coaches of each team. They also determine how many spots are going to be available for the all conference team. The high vote getters receive the spots on the team. If a player receives a vote, he is going to be at least Honorable Mention All-Conf.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Do they go on stats for the particular positions?

Comment

Originally posted by tibar
          Do they go on stats for the particular positions?
          Tibar,

This is a confusing question. Stop beating around the bush and say what you want to say.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Its a question I just don't know the answer to. I understand the coaches pick them,but is it according to the statistics, does every coach have a full roster to choose from, or are only a few names put in. I'm just really curious about this whole process.

Comment

In that case, I can't help you. I am as naive about the process as you are. I suspect stats are considered but it comes down to who gets the votes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Most of the time the all-conference picks are pretty easy to determine and stats are not necessarily needed. Each team watches extensive amounts of film on each team throughout the course of the season. The best players stand out on a fairly regular basis. D-Lineman who constantly require a double-team or O-lineman who continuously lay dominating blocks show up on film, but not in the stats. Thus, most of the coaches have in their heads who they consider the best in the conference.

I imagine some "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" occurs, but generally the picks are all very deserving. Also, the number of slots on the all-conference teams vary from year to year. Occasionally, when there is a plethera of worthy athletes they expand the amount of players on the team so each deserving athlete can get a spot on the all-conference team.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

In many conferences, players are nominated by their own coaches. Then, as Milwaukee says, the coaches who have played against them, watched film, etc. make their votes. However, I do not know for sure if that is the way it was done in the GWC this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X