Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Line Coach Resign

From the Argus today:

SDSU defensive line coach Kris Roberts has resigned.

Anyone have any info on where he's headed?

Re: D-Line Coach Resign

Action,

Where did you see that in the Argus? I looked and I can't find it. ???

Go State! ;D

Comment

Bottom line of the football section in the sports briefs.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Best of luck to Kris, I liked his fire on the side lines.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Action Jack,

I heard that it was administrative differences,and that he has no plans at this time. I think we will be missing a very big link in the jackrabbit team.

Comment

Not saying that it is not true Tibar, but it does seem funny to me since the D-coordinator is from CSU the co-offensive corrdinator is from CSU and they (at least Ballard) probably had some connection in bringing Roberts in. Of course, things and attitudes can change and it might be better for everyone.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Isn't Robert's the guy who's only previous experience was coaching high school?

Comment

He was a graduate assistant while at Colorado State and then was head coach at Cheyenne Mountain High School.

Comment

It was probably a case of SDSU not being able to pay him what he should be paid. There were a couple of cases of that happening while I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
                    It was probably a case of SDSU not being able to pay him what he should be paid.  There were a couple of cases of that happening while I was there.
                    Anyone know what football coaches make now-a-days?

It's early, but just throwing this out there, who might replace coach Roberts? Any former coaches (full time or GA's) that could be brought back in?

Comment

Little story:

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=64221

South Dakota State Assistant Coach Roberts Resigns

South Dakota State University Sports Information, Ronald Lenz

BROOKINGS, SD - South Dakota State University defensive line coach Kris Roberts has resigned.

Roberts came to SDSU in April after serving as head coach at Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Roberts attended Colorado State University, earning a bachelor's degree in 2001 and master's degree in 2003. Recruited to CSU as a player, his career was ended by an injury and he spent three years as a student assistant before pursuing his master's degree as a graduate assistant defensive coach on the Colorado State football staff. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
                        It was probably a case of SDSU not being able to pay him what he should be paid.  There were a couple of cases of that happening while I was there.
                        I commented on the coaching staff before I had read this thread. I too wonder if salary was not a problem, especially with outstanding student loans and maybe starting a family being part of Coach Roberts's world.

SDSU really needs to step up in the coaching salary area so good young coaches like Roberts do not leave us too soon. The last time I read the salary list that was printed in The Brookings Register, some football assistants were listed as being between 25 and 30k, which is not good.

I think the head coach is only as good as the assistants that surround them. I thought this years group was working good together and maybe they were but if there are differences with the administration, I can see where moving on may be the best for everyone concerned.

I am disappointed to see Coach Roberts leave as he seem to have our guys all fired up in the line on defense and looked promising as a good coach.

Comment

NDSU has one assistant coach in the $30k range.

Here's what NDSU paid the football coaches in 2003:

Bohl- $113,000
                          Enos- $64,000 (left to a DI-A school)
                          Burrows- $55,000
                          Bradley - $55,000
                          Malone- $30,000 (left to a DI-A school)
                          Perles- $50,000
                          McInerney- $45,000 (left to be D Coordinator at I-AA)

Comment

That is really not all that much considering the INSANE amout of hours those guys put in!

Comment

Working...
                            X