scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scholarships

How many full-ride scholarships do the Rabbits have? I know is not even close to having 65. I think we had about 35-40 this season. UNC is a ghetto school compared to Colorado and Colorado State. Those two schools get all the funding. Also, UNC is primarily a teacher's college, so money coming in from Alumni is not a lot. We don't get a lot of support from the student body because most of the kids that go to UNC are from Denver and Colorado Springs, so they go home for the weekend. Greeley doesn't do a good job of accomadating students social lives. Hopefully this will change soon. Our fan website is up and running now, so I invite everyone to check it out!
    Bear Down!

Re: scholarships

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
    How many full-ride scholarships do the Rabbits have?  I know is not even close to having 65.  I think we had about 35-40 this season.  UNC is a ghetto school compared to Colorado and Colorado State.  Those two schools get all the funding.  Also, UNC is primarily a teacher's college, so money coming in from Alumni is not a lot.   We don't get a lot of support from the student body because most of the kids that go to UNC are from Denver and Colorado Springs, so they go home for the weekend.  Greeley doesn't do a good job of accomadating students social lives.  Hopefully this will change soon.  Our fan website is up and running now, so I invite everyone to check it out!
            Bear Down!
    The plan is to go to 42 scholarships for next year and then up over 60 as quickly as possible. BSC expansion and stipulations may force us to rush this. The intent is to fund scholarships with a $20 million endowment, were a little over a quarter of the way there. It will be interesting to see how things unfold this winter and next spring.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

How many were there this year? Just 30?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure but I think it was 38 give or take. Someone here knows, its just not me. The 42 I posted above come from Stigs comments at the Yankton QB club meeting.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

How does one find the unc fan site?

Comment

I'm pretty sure we were at 38 this year.

Comment

Just four more then? that's too bad, but I understand that they are building the fund first to use the interest.

Comment

The Jacks went from 36 to 38 this year, and will go to 42 for next year. Each one of those is $9 to $10K per year...

Comment

One of the nice things about the big sky if we get in is hopefully we will draw interest from students in the states west of us that have connections to the sky. With the WUE program a full scholarship for a kid from Montana to California is appx. 10,000 a year. Where a kid from Illinois or Wisconsin is closer to 15,000. Thats another whole scholarship for every three kids.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by newser
                    The Jacks went from 36 to 38 this year, and will go to 42 for next year.  Each one of those is $9 to $10K per year...
                    If SDSU has $5 million in the endowment so far, that would earn about $200,000 a year, or about 20 additional scholarships worth to spread out over all the men's and women's sports. Of course they may be using some of that return to build up the endowment itself or for other purposes.

Comment

Working...
                    X