Football Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Helmets

Found a pretty cool site (via CNNSI.com) if you want to see old logos and helmets. Anybody with more SDSU stuff should send it to him so we can get more space. He seems to keep it updated pretty well.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Football Helmets

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
    Found a pretty cool site (via CNNSI.com) if you want to see old logos and helmets. Anybody with more SDSU stuff should send it to him so we can get more space. He seems to keep it updated pretty well.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/
    I notice the helmet he has for SDSU is last years logo. This year we changed to the "stretched" logo. Can anyone send him a photo?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just a point of clarification. The "Strech SD" logo came into being when Stig was hired and has been the helmet logo since then. On the above site, it appears that the SDSU helmet has a poor attempt which more resembles the old "Block SD" from years ago.

Comment

FYI - the helmet used to have JACKS on the sides with the letters all leaning as if blown by the wind. Those switched in '96. The ultimate choice of the logo switch was done by a vote of the players. Interestingly, one of the decals we had to choose from was a rabbit ear on the side of the helmet. Similar to the Rams horn on the side of the St. Louis Rams helmet. Yeah, that's right. Needless to say that didn't make the cut. Also, if I remember correctly, the majority of the players were more interested in changing our pants from the "banana pants" as they were affectionately called to pants that featured a predominately blue color scheme. The pants were regarded as a higher priority, but the higher costs allowed the helmet decal to win out. Alas, the pant change was not implimented until after I graduated.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

That's a cool site.

I call the "stretched" logo the "flying SD," because it resembles the "flying W" on Wisconsin's helmets. Does anybody have a good picture of the new logo they can send the guy?

Comment

There is this link off of Any Given Saturday Message Board

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/cgi-...mp;thread=3549

Comment

Working...
            X