James Madison over Montana in IAA title game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Madison over Montana in IAA title game

Watched part of JMU over Montana 31-21 on ESPN2 in the title game. Game was played in Chatanooga I think they said. Field was an absolute nightmare. JMU ran the ball down the Griz's throat, while Montana had a pretty good passing night. Didn't see enough of the game to give much of an opinion either way. Interesting though that Montana was 10-0 at home this year, 2-3 on the road including tonight's game.

Re: James Madison over Montana in IAA title game

The field was absolutely pitiful!!! It was a disgrace to these 2 talented teams to have to play on that field. Both teams looked good. Montana's passing game vs JM's run. In the end JM wore down Montana's defense with their bruising running game and pulled away. Good game, fun to watch, but the field was almost unbelievable it was so bad. They should never play there again!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It looked like they were playing the game in a pasture at one point. I can't imagine playing a game in that type of position. I feel it was to Montana's disadvantage to play in that field. Not that I was really rooting for either team, but a passing/speed team will not be as effective with poor footing. Poor footing always benefits the run style offense. Good game to watch, none-the-less. It would be nice to see an SDSU team in there in the future.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I watched my nephew's freshman team scrimmage Dell Rapids this fall on Flandreau's practice field that was 200% better than the playing surface for the 1AA championship game. Couldnt they have done SOMETHING to improve the turf for that game!!!!

Comment

Re: Turf for title game

That field in Chattanooga has always been a poor drainer, but it really took the cake this past year. That was really bad. Chattanooga has pretty much been given the ultimatum to either get an artificial turf or say goodbye to ever hosting the I-AA title game again.

I am completely thrilled JMU won. See, I hate Montana, as we all should. I had no particular love for JMU until they snatched the lead with less than a minute to go in Greenville to beat Furman. Just a few weeks past I watched my own Georgia Southern Eagles have victory snatched away in the final 2 minutes on the same field, so seeing JMU deny Furman there at their home made me smile. So, couple JMU, my new favorite team for ruining Furman's post-season with Montana, who I dispise and it makes for a Merry Christmas for me.

Comment

Working...
          X