2005 Football schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Football schedule

I saw on page 36 of the Media guide that we have most (if not all) of the 2005 football schedule lined up.

Sept 10th Valparaiso
    Sept. 17th at Montana
    Sept. 24th Cal-Poly
    Oct. 1st at Texas State
    Oct. 8th UC-Davis (Hobo Day)
    Oct. 15th at NDSU
    Oct. 22nd Missouri-Rolla
    Oct. 29th Georgia Southern
    Nov. 5th Southern Utah
    Nov. 12th Open
    Nov. 19th Northern Colorado

Looks pretty good!  A couple of I-AA powers Montana and Georgia Southern (GSU at Coughlin).  I like the Texas St. game also the Southland is a good I-AA conference.

Go State!  ;D

Re: 2005 Football schedule

Wasn't Northern Iowa rumored to be on this schedule,
    i hope we didn't lose that opportunity :-[
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The UNI game went away because UNI had a chance to pick up a game with Iowa (can't blame them) on the date we were scheduled to play them.  That date became available because Missouri backed out of part of a four game home and home contract with with the Hawkeyes.  I would guess that you will see UNI on our schedule again, just not next year.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Missouri Rolla is kind of a schedule filler.  Rolla dropped out of the MIAA after being the door mat for several years.  I guess it beats Upper Iowa ;D

Comment

You will enjoy your visit to Washington Grizzly Stadium in the Fall of 2005. It is a great I-AA venue and a great place to have a tailgate before and after the game. We here in the land of the Griz welcome our SDSU friends to enjoy our hospitality and a large glass of Moose Drool. ;D

Come see us at www.egriz.com sometime....

Howdy 89rabbit... this is MrGrizz on AGS...

Comment

We were there in 1993 when the Jacks had a 35 - 7 lead, but ended up losing 52 - 48!
            Beautiful place, nice stadium for football. Looking forward to another trip out there..

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyEdd
              You will enjoy your visit to Washington Grizzly Stadium in the Fall of 2005.  It is a great I-AA venue and a great place to have a tailgate before and after the game.  We here in the land of the Griz welcome our SDSU friends to enjoy our hospitality and a large glass of Moose Drool.   ;D

Hey MrGrizz/GrizzlyEdd, welcome to the board.  Thanks for posting.  Montana on the road and Georgia Southern at home are the highlights of next season's schedule.  should be fun.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Missouri Rolla just allowed Pitt State to post 90 some points on them this weekend. They must just be schedule filler. I think we can count on one for sure win next year already.

Comment

7 home games! Nice! That's a solid schedule.

I'm sure the warm weather teams will enjoy SD in late October and November!

Comment

Looks like the Jacks will be drawing some good crowds with those games next year!

Comment

Outstanding! I am SO gonna make the drive to Missoula next year. I'll get to see the Jacks plus get to see a game at a stadium I've always wanted to visit.

I'm calling friends in Missoula first thing tomorrow.

GO JACKS!

Comment

The Jacks are actually coming down to my neck of the woods (sort of), to Texas State. San Marcos, by the way, is a great town, one of the nicest places in Texas. Looks like the family and I will be driving to Texas State next October 1 to root for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyEdd
                          You will enjoy your visit to Washington Grizzly Stadium in the Fall of 2005. It is a great I-AA venue and a great place to have a tailgate before and after the game. We here in the land of the Griz welcome our SDSU friends to enjoy our hospitality and a large glass of Moose Drool. ;D

Let me be the first to agree with this Griz fan. I was in Missoula last Saturday when Montana was playing UNC. It's really unbelievable how Griz crazy the people in that area are. The game itself was a smaller concentrated version of a Saturday in Lincoln, with 23,000 fans in the stadium. Every store has Griz gear, both Montana and Montana State games were televised, and we really need to take some lessons from them on marketing SDSU football and basketball. We need the SDSU game on TV. Montana isn't significantly more populated than we are. In fact, there's less people within 60 miles of Missoula than within 60 miles of Brookings. All in all, it was a very pleasant weekend, and Griz fans I met were extremely friendly and seemed eager for the Dakotas to join the conference.

Comment

I am really excited about next years schedule, along with the seven home games, there are at least two opportunities to drive to away games from the Brookings area (FARGO for sure, and i don't want to miss Missoula). That's nine contests for 2005. I only wish we wouldn't graduate any of our seniors, Nelson, Johnson, Couaette, etc.

Comment

Anyone hear about the 2005 games in SF? I heard something was said on the radio today about 2 games to be played there.

Comment

Working...
                              X