Re: OUTLOOK for 2005 season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OUTLOOK for 2005 season...

We have the capability to go 11-0 but I think in looking at the schedule. We may go 7-4 (3-2), remember we will not sneak up on other teams this year we have gained others respect. Possible losses in my view at Montana and NDSU both real tough places to play good teams, Southern Georgia (we's be the underdog by a lot even at home) and either Davis or Poly could sneak in here and steal a win. But UNC, SUU will be very tough even at home. Just my two cents

Still looking for a 11-0 year, Montana may over look us think a easy game and Southern Georgia man that is a long trip could be cold.

let's be realistic, 9-2, best case scenario.

We lost our 3 best players on offense (Nelson, Johnson, Janecek, Higbee are debatable) and our two best players on defense(couatte and abell).

Nevermind the fact that two of those (Nelson and Couette) were the leaders on their side of the ball and probably played the two most important positions on their side of the ball.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-jack
      I imagine a perfect season 11-0, but realistically 8-3 or 7-4... Georgia S. will be tough along with NDSU, also Davis and Poly, and Montana.

But if you look at last years Overachieving team, I say outside of the Davis and G.Southern games we had a realistic shot at going 9-2 or 8-3

Poly-L,14-7... We had many oppurtunities to put the away... outside the punt-return we win...

Montana St.-L,27-24... Late second FG into the wind for 40+... Stop their TE and we win...

S. Utah-L,23-17(ot)... We had our chances...1 play away from winning.

I kow a loss is a loss, but 16 pts from being 9-2...
      So this year I expect the same great effort and superb coaching- The Schedule will be tough,no doubt. But many have doubted the D1 move, if we play anything like the past few years...This years team will be no exception I expect great things, and many surprises.!!!

Jacks Rule!
      I was never a part of the football program, but have had many pleasant conversations with Coach Stig over the years. He has never been one to complain about officating, in fact many will recall that in pre and post games interviews, he has remarked about how the refs have a tough job that he would not want their job.  

Less than a month ago, I ran across Stig at Frost, and again we had a nice conversation.  This time he surprised  me as he was still very bitter about SUU game.  He said that they had found so many bad calls on the video, that he thinks the refs were basically dishonest.  Not like Coach at all.

The Great West Conference did have a person evaluating the refs at the game and Stig said  he talked to him sometime after the game like maybe a few days later and pointed out the flagrant errors.  About the only comment this evaluator had was that the refs could have called other things on the Jacks and that these errors were missed too.  

The more I think about it, I am glad Stig is upset particularily if there is a good reason to be.  I am not an expert on rules and I have not seen the game video.

I hope  Coach Stig can use this game to fire the kids up and put games away in 2005 so that they are never in doubt and it does not come down to the difference being predicated by some alleged bad calls.

With this loose federation of a conference there it not much appeal available as there was in the NCC. So good plays are needed to win games and we are going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-jack
        So now that the recruiting is in, the schedules are set, and the coaches are preping. How do you think the Jacks will fair this upcomming sason?

Speculation already? Not sure its worth it. I'll wait for spring practice, probable starters and the depth chart. I think a good goal would be a game or 2 above .500.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With our schedule and the quality of teams we play, a 7-4 record would be a great...GREAT...season. I think a realistic goal is to be above .500 with a shot at playing for the conference championship going into the last couple of conference games. 11-0 is pretty unrealistic with the schedule we have.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

11-0 is equivalent to dreaming and just plain ridiculous to even consider.  I don't even want 9-2 mentioned. Reality, 0-11 would be more likely than 11-0.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think if things break our way we could manage 8-3.
              Ga. Southern, U Montana, and NDSU will be very tough, Texas State wont roll over at home either. Poly won't be as good as last year and Cal_Davis deserves a royal a** whoopin after last years game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                11-0 is equivalent to dreaming and just plain ridiculous to even consider.  I don't even want 9-2 mentioned.  Reality, 0-11 would be more likely than 11-0.
                I agree with you Doc, although i didn't want to be the one to say it as my loyalties would come into question and everyone would jump down my throat. I would be more surprised to see us go 11-0 than 0-11. However, I still think we will finish above .500. I'm thinking 7-4.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  11-0 is equivalent to dreaming and just plain ridiculous to even consider.  I don't even want 9-2 mentioned.  Reality, 0-11 would be more likely than 11-0.
                  With Valpo and Wisc-Lacrossse(who combined have as many scholarship players as USD's baseball team), along with UM-R (who is always horrible) on the schedule, SDSU essentially has 3 wins in the bag.  The other 8 games are up in the air though, I could see anything from 4-7 to 10-1 for the Jacks next year

Comment

Working...
                  X