• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancements for I-AA playoffs

From the NCAA:

http://www2.ncaa.org/media_and_event...iwIBAhJX1OViXt

I-AA Football Committee recommends enhancements
    February 18, 2005

At its February meeting, the Division I-AA Football Committee, in consultation with the I-AA representatives of the Collegiate Commissioners Association, made recommendations to enhance the I-AA championship experience for student-athletes.A consistent theme in the discussions was the goal to make the Division I-AA championship, particularly the championship game, a “bowl-like experience” for the participating institutions and student-athletes.

Among the recommendations are:

Seed Eight Teams. Currently only four teams in the 16-team championship bracket are seeded. The committee felt the increase would ensure more integrity of the championship bracket through a more even distribution of the most talented teams. Members also noted that expanding the bracket to 24 teams would also address several issues related to the championship: the I-AA championship as it currently stands offers championship access to the lowest percentage of teams than in any other Division I sport and any other postseason football championship in any division. Several I-AA conferences have been traditionally excluded from the championship experience through a lack of automatic qualifier spots. . . .

I like the idea of 24 teams. It would help make sure the Great West doesn't get jipped like it did this year with Cal-Poly.

Go State! ;D

Working...
X