NFL Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Alumni

It was inferred earlier that our NFL Alumni ie. Vinetari,Timmerman,Heiden have made little to no financial contributions back to SDSU. Is that really true? That would be dissapointing as certainly SDSU provided them the opportunity to hone and display their skills that ultimately got them the big money in the NFL.

Re: NFL Alumni

I know there's a sheet on the wall of the weight room at the HPER, that says that steve heiden has donated money for some weightlifting equipment.

Comment

I think Steve helped with the two Hammer Strength Jammers. Very much needed for the football team. What has Timmerman given???? Shouldn't take long to come up with that answer!

Comment

Ya know, at the risk of descending into politics . . .

I am really uncomfortable when person A starts worrying about how much persons B and C (not involved in the conversation) are giving to SDSU (or any other cause for that matter).

I give what I'm able, I'm sure you all do too. It may be that nobody from the Alumni Association or the Athletic Department has asked the SDSU NFL'ers for donations -- sometimes that's all it takes.

Sorry to sound like a grump . . .

(hopping off soapbox)

Go Rabbits!!!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

From what I have been able to learn from the Argus and Offical SDSU press releases, Sid Bostic and Keith Melhum are working on the 20million campaign. I do not recall the exact number but I believe they have a list of key donors that include former athletes and non athletes who have been successfull in terms of earned income.

I would be totally surprised if the NFL guys were not included in this group. For a number of reasons not much news has been published about what is going on so far in terms of who gave and how much. I tend to believe when the right time is at hand, we find out much more than what we know now.

I heard yesterday over a cup coffee an interesting story about one of the most financially successful people in Fargo North Dakota who once owned nearly all of Main Ave in Fargo. This man was a Norweigian immigrant who knew how to weld and was successful in his welding business. This man learned how to save his hard earned cash. This man I was told often dressed like a homeless person, but was estimated to be worth 62 million when he died. Some of the Bison fans who visit here may know of who I am speaking.

We may have a an alum like this man too, so maybe we should not get too worked up about NFL alums and what they choose to give back to SDSU.

Comment

People have reasons for giving and not giving.  I have no idea what our NFL alumni are doing now to contribute financially.  One thing we all know though is that every time they step on the field it is free press for SDSU.  
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Well said, filbert. I have no idea how this is anyone's business.

Some of these stories are great, because they are past tense, but when it comes to talking about individuals and what they are doing or not doing with their money, I think it is best to leave that up to them.

CatchemAll has a great point. What they now give can not be bought!

Comment

And let me just say that I had the pleasure to work with Adam Timmerman, and you will never find a more honest, nice, humble guy in your life. If he donates back to the University, and I'd be willing to bet he does a lot, you'd never likely know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
                  Well said, filbert. I have no idea how this is anyone's business.

Some of these stories are great, because they are past tense, but when it comes to talking about individuals and what they are doing or not doing with their money, I think it is best to leave that up to them.

CatchemAll has a great point. What they now give can not be bought!
                  I do understand why people ask the question, but I agree it is not important. Some of us give money, some give time, some give support in other forms, some are able to do all these things.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone know how many former Jackrabbits are currently playing pro football? I know Timmerman-St. Louis, Vinatieri-New England, Connot-Kansas City and Heiden-Cleveland. Not sure who else? Also anyone besides Ranek playing up in Canada?
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

That is all the SDSU players in the NFL and CFL. Unfortunetely USD has 5 in the NFL   Augie has 1.

Comment

Originally posted by twism
                        That is all the SDSU players in the NFL and CFL. Unfortunetely USD has 5 in the NFL     Augie has 1.
                        I think we'll take quality over quantity ;D

For our USD fans on the board, and the enlightenment of us SDSU fans - who and where are the USD grads? Just curious.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Matt Chatam and Jamel White are the only two USD alums in the NFL.

Comment

Sorry mike_h there are more.

Dwight Anderson Cornerback St. Louis Rams
                            Matt Chatham Linebacker New England Patriots
                            Filip Filipovic Punter Philadelphia Eagles
                            Josh Stamer Linebacker Buffalo Bills
                            Jamel White Running Back Baltimore Ravens

Comment

The Augie players name is Kevin Kaesviharn and plays for the Cincinnati Bengals.  

Whatever happened to Brian Schwartz, the linebacker that played for Jacksonville?

Comment

Working...
                              X