NCC may be Expanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCC may be Expanding

There is an interesting article saying that the NCC may be expanding in football only to add two schools from Washington State! See the site below. The article is in the Duluth Newspaper.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/du...s/10884061.htm

Re: NCC may be Expanding

Good find on the article 74.

Reaks of despiration if the NCC is seriously considering this. Also shows that none of the NSIC schools care to join the NCC. And to think, some people give SDSU and NDSU a hard time for traveling long distances for conference games.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

There is a thread over on D2football.com that has said about the same as this article.  There are some posters over their who seem to think Augie is distraught over this idea and may drop the NCC and join the NSIC because of the travel to Washington once a year. I find it hard to believe.  Who knows ??? Here is the link to
      this discussion.

http://www.d2football.com/cgi-bin/ik...=8;t=3026;st=0

Comment

Are things that BAD for the NCC to do something that DUMB??!!

Why add two schools based in Washington, granted it's for football only, to a conference that's based in the north central States, i.e. the Dakotas and Minnesota (if I miss a state, forgive me)?

Apparently, the NCC prezs didn't learn from history a la the WAC-16 mess from 1996 to 1998.

Safe bet all SDSU alumni and fans are thrilled to have their school leave the NCC when they did.

If I was an alum or fan of say, USD or UND or Augustana State, I'd be on the phones screaming at my school's prez to not vote for this expansion idea!

Comment

It's pretty pathetic with all the DII programs in the region that the NCC can't find any takers to join this once heralded conference.

Comment

This is more proof to the nay-sayers about the move to DI. Glad to hear it. ;D

Comment

D2 and the NCC are really heading down hill fast. If the NCC were to loose Augie, who then would they pick up? Some of the talk seems to indicate a look at Mary and also some speculation about Minot. I even read a post on D2 football.com where Dickinson was suggested. Such things were not even discussed in jest when NDSU, SDSU, and UNC were the core powers of the NCC. Now it seems that the conference is doomed to mediocrity and if they add some DAC-19 team the will be hard pressed to stay on a level above the NSIC. Dark days indeed for the NCC......the conference that had no vision. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by WYOBISONMAN
                 Such things were not even discussed in jest when NDSU, SDSU, and UNC were the core powers of the NCC.  Now it seems that the conference is doomed to mediocrity and if they add some DAC-19 team the will be hard pressed to stay on a level above the NSIC.  Dark days indeed for the NCC......the conference that had no vision.  :-/
                This point should not be missed. Anyone who remains in the NCC and says things remain okay is not being honest. Before the departure of the SU's the NCC was a premeire DII conference that would never have considered a DAC-10 team or even seriously consider an NSIC team. Boy how things have changed. Maybe it will be Upper Iowa?
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mary has been looking at the NCC for over a year now, they have a very good chance with Roger (set your watch back 20 years) Thomas at the controls. I am so glad that the SU's had the vision to bail out of D2. I am thrilled with the new rivalry with SDSU, we had the best time tailgating in Brookings last year, the game was great. The SDSU fans that came and spoke with us last weekend at the BB games were great. There is a very huge differance in class of fans with NDSU/SDSU. Good Bye NCC, it was fun while it lasted, The SU's need not look back. Nothing against Mary, but I just cant picture the Bison Or Jacks playing them, and I really cant picture NDSU/SDSU playing UND either. The former powerhouse conferance of D2 football will be watered down by Thomas.

Comment

Mary IS considering DII but I talked to one of their VPs two weeks ago and the NSIC was on campus doing a visit. It sounds like they will go with the NSIC if offered. I didn't hear anything about the NCC. Still pretty funny to think about the und sue football team coming to Bis to play mary. ;D

Comment

Went to the Augie-USD game last night. In the program was detailed by National Championships the power of the NCC. It listed the NCC has won 43 NC's, the funny thing is schools left in the NCC had only won 15. I am a Yote fan, but even I understand that the NCC is nothing more than a glorified NSIC conference.
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I agree the NCC is not what it used to be but I am not of the belief that it will not again be a very good conference. If they get schools that are committed to fully funding their programs whether it be Mary or Dickinson or the Washington schools then they will again be a very powerful conference. Not as good as they once were but still good.

Comment

Was the NCC like the Big 10 of Division II in football years ago?

What conference at the Division II level right now that is THE power conference like an SEC or a Big 12?

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
                            Went to the Augie-USD game last night.  In the program  was detailed by National Championships the power of the NCC. It listed the NCC has won 43 NC's, the funny thing is schools left in the NCC had only won 15.  I am a Yote fan, but even I understand that the NCC is nothing more than a glorified NSIC conference.
                            NDSU has 20 of the NC's "won" by the NCC.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy

NDSU has 20 of the NC's "won" by the NCC.
                              http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing2.html

The NCAA has:

NDSU down for 17 (still impressive)

SDSU down for 8

UNC down for 2

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X