Offseason Lifting Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Lifting Program

Thought I'd give everyone some information I received about how well the Jacks did in the off-season workout.

The Jackrabbit football team had another successful off-season in the weight room. Paul Keizer, senior offensive lineman, won the Jackrabbit Power award. The award is based on 5 criteria. The criteria include leadership ability, work ethic, attendance, winning attitude, ability to follow instructions. Here is the 2005 Winter off-season summary:

- 197 personal records set
    - 19 all time position records
    - 4 500 lb. plus squats
    - 3 300 lb. plus power clean
    - 14 < 4.6 sec. 40 yd. dash
    - 14 < 32" plus vertical jumps
    - Testing points champ = Gabe Koenigsfeld (1310 pts.)

Lifters of the Week:

1/10-1/14 Hank McCall

1/17-1/21 Willie Jones

1/24-1/28 Paul Keizer

1/31-2/4 Reed Burkhardt

2/7-2/11 Linebackers

2/14-2/18 Maxon Keating

2/21-2/25 Sniders, Johnson, Kardoes, Jackson

3/14-3/18 Justin Kubesh

3/21-3/25 DJ Fischer

All of the above information was sent to me in a newsletter sent out by the football team via Kris Garry and Mike Burgers.

I can only imagine the lifting program has improved since I was playing and it was excellent then. I'll never be in better shape than I was my third year of college (pre-injuries, etc.). And now they have access to the Acceleration Program which is a great conditioning/speed program.

Great job to all the Jacks this offseason.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Offseason Lifting Program

Jacks could really use that wellness center. The conditioning and weight lifting facilities are deplorable!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      Jacks could really use that wellness center. The conditioning and weight lifting facilities are deplorable!
      I won't disagree, but how many other universities have an in-house Accelleration program? The biggest problem with the facilities is scheduling so that the general student body gets their proper usage time. Most DI universities probably have dedicated facilities, so we are in the minority. I'm sure there has been a thread dedicated to this once before, so I won't spend any more time re-hashing old discussions.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

No question the accelaration program is a real asset. Dedicated workout facilities for the athletes is a must.

Comment

Working...
        X