Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches

I was lurking on the NDSU and USD websites and a couple of things stood out. It did not surprise me that NDSU has 10 full time coaches, but so does USD. SDSU has 7 coaches and 1 grad assistant who is responsible for the running backs. The other thing that stood out was both schools have a couple of minority coaches. I hope with increase funding we can add more coaches to the staff. Maybe our coaches are so good we can get by with less. I do think as we recruit more minority players it's important we have minority coaches represented on the coaching staff. I'm sure it's being looked at.

Re: Coaches

NDSU only has eight coaches - one of which is not a full-time position, as the salary is not fully supported by NDSU (some sort of private funding ???).

The other two guys on the coaching staff are grad assistants.

Comment

Re: Coaches

We usually run with 2 grad assistants also, but we recently hired one. We will end up with 2 in the fall I would bet.

Bisonguy's mention of the alternate funding for the 8th assistant is, to me, the largest difference between our two schools. They have the revenue streams and the imagination at the top to create positions in this way.

Also, you will remember we just lost one minority coach. I don't know if any were considered this time or not but I would bet if someone was highly qualified they were considered.

Comment

Working...
      X