Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Game

Heard the date of the Spring Game is Saturday, April 23. If anyone has heard otherwise, please let us know.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Spring Game

I am thinking about making a trip back for the spring game. Anyone planning on attending? Perhaps enough for a small, informal gathering? Maybe its too early to ask this question.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What's going to happen to next years defense? With all the coaches gone and some key players that are done. How are they going gonna reload. Seems like a steep hill to climb. What is going to be the strong point of next year's defense?

Comment

jackmd,

Sounds like a great idea !!!! I will be there, lets see if we can get some more people interested and do it. Maybe after the game and include the players and coaches........

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
          jackmd,

Sounds like a great idea !!!!  I will be there, lets see if we can get some more people interested and do it. Maybe after the game and include the players and coaches........

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
          This is what I was thinking.  Anyone have any suggestions?  SDSUFAN has some connections via his significant support of athletic programs at SDSU. I'd also be happy with an informal tailgate/barbecue pre and/or post-game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Sounds like fun, but the team usually has their own cook out after the game in frost or the union as a chance for the families to get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
              Sounds like fun, but the team usually has their own cook out after the game in frost or the union as a chance for the families to get together.
              I thought that was the case. Thats why I was suggesting an informal gathering for plain old fans. I'll find a grill and some beverages and stake out a spot in the "backyard" if anyone is interested. I wonder if we would find any trouble from the campus authorities or the city P.D.?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

This is what I was thinking.  Anyone have any suggestions?  SDSUFAN has some connections via his significant support of athletic programs at SDSU.  I'd also be happy with an informal tailgate/barbecue pre and/or post-game.
                I would suggest getting in touch with VJ or Jim Spires at the Alumni Center and see what they have planned. I know in previous years, the coaching staff had served hot dogs and chips after the game for players, family and fans. I just realized that other mentioned that and I recall being invited but did not attend.

I dont think anyone would have a problem with an informal backyard tailgate. Bring plenty of paper cups.

I think the idea is to build on game day atomsphere so any interest in the spring game would be welcomed by both HPER and the Alumni Association.

Comment

Any more info on activities for the Spring Game?

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

Through correspondance with VJ at the alumni office there are no formal plans for the Spring FB game. He suggested that we take the initiative if desired. I understand the team has an informal gathering for players and their families after the game.

I propose a gathering of alumni either in the paved CAS parking lot or out in the North 40 prior to the game (time suggestions?). I will provide a grill if anyone wants to bring animals or their parts for consumption. I presume a BYOB affair would be acceptable/appropriate.

As far as golfing, I would love to meet some people at Edgebrook or the CC on Saturday morning if there is interest. I would be happy to obtain tee times.

Any of you interested or know others interested in gathering? I would like to get a rough estimate. I understand the annual donor's banquet is being held at the barn that evening. What is that exactly?

What is the attendance at the spring game usually like? I could go as far as contacting 910 and have Scotty make an announcement of the plans. The more informal and random the better but I would like something to happen. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun. I will check the schedule and let you know Doc. Go Jacks!!

Comment

I have contacted campus police about the gathering and will let you know what they say. Dont think it will be a problem, but thought I would check for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by cactus
                          I have contacted campus police about the gathering and will let you know what they say.  Dont think it will be a problem, but thought I would check for you all.

Greatly appreciated. If they have a problem we could certainly make it a no alcohol affair. They'll be plenty of time for a beer at Ray's, Cubbie's, O'hare's, etc.. after the game.

Comment

I still wish SDSU would make the Spring game more of an event like at other schools. Maybe as football continues to gain popularity at the DIAA level this will be the case. NDSU has a huge planned program around the spring game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                              I still wish SDSU would make the Spring game more of an event like at other schools. Maybe as football continues to gain popularity at the DIAA level this will be the case. NDSU has a huge planned program around the spring game.

On that note, lets show them some interest this year by attending the game and just for fun, include some pre-game festivities. If anyone has connections with a local establishment that may be interested in some form of promotion give them a call. The worst thing that can happen is they so no. I don't really have any contacts remaining in Brookings but I do have access to 2 gas grills which I intend to transport to CAS around noon on the April 23rd. I'll have an SDSU flag to mark the spot and anyone who shows up won't be turned away!!

Comment

Working...
                              X