S. Falls Schuler to transfer, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. Falls Schuler to transfer, again

It was reported on KELO last night that S.Falls Washington standout lineman Ryan Schuler would be transferring from Northern Iowa. He previously had transferred from UNL after some medical problems forced him to be sidelined. Does anybody think we would have a shot or want him at STATE?
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: S. Falls Schuler to transfer, again

I wonder if the blood clot situation is still a problem. Ryan originally committed to Oklahoma and then chose Nebraska. Things never panned out at Nebraska and then he transfers to UNI. Now it appears he is moving on again. I wonder if NDSU head coach and former Nebraska assistant Craig Bohl is looking at him. Ryan moved to Sioux Falls from a small community in South Dakota I believe. If he is healthy and committed at 6'7 and I assume over 300lbs by now he would be a nice fixture on the offensive line for someone.

Comment

Sounds like he may be going to Texas. That is just a rumor though -- Not confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
        Sounds like he may be going to Texas.  That is just a rumor though -- Not confirmed
        It makes me wonder in both transfers if there is some concern about allowing him on the football field with this blood clot condition.  I am sure NDSU Craig Bohl is well aware of this athlete's condition, but if Bohl or anyother coach does not have a bright green light from the medical people, its a risk that you might want to avoid.

It would be a hugh liability to the school, if he is allowed to play and subsequently has an unplanned death or severe injury due to the clotting condition when its a pre-existence is known.

I tend to believe some one with a medical background is reluctant to give a green light for this young man's being able to play or even practice.  Does anyone know if Schuler played at all at UNI last season or even participated in practice?

Comment

Working...
        X