Chiefs allocate Connot to NFL Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs allocate Connot to NFL Europe

Looks like we will be able to watch Scott play this spring.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/02...europe_league/

CHIEFS ANNOUNCE ALLOCATIONS OF 13 PLAYERS TO NFL EUROPE LEAGUE

Feb 01, 2005, 8:43:48 AM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has allocated 13 players to the NFL Europe League for the 2005 season. That list is highlighted by two players that saw time on the Chiefs active roster in 2004 – S Scott Connot and LB Rich Scanlon. Other 2005 NFLEL allocations by the Chiefs include: WR John Booth, S Eddie Canonico, QB Casey Clausen, S Eric Crouch, FB Joe Hall, G Aaron Johnson, WR Jeris McIntyre, G Matt Miller, S Chazz Moore, RB Jonathan Smith and DE Demetrios Walker.

“As everyone knows, the Kansas City Chiefs have had tremendous success with players in the NFL Europe League (NFLEL),” Peterson commented. “Pro Bowlers Brian Waters, Dante Hall and Gary Stills are former starters in NFL Europe and are excellent examples of how the NFLEL enhances young players’ careers.

“As a member of the NFLEL Executive Committee, I will always utilize the NFLEL and this year and am doing so with the allocation of 13 players. We anticipate that some of these players will come back this summer to help the Kansas City Chiefs win games during the 2005 season.”

NFL Europe League clubs play a 10-game regular season schedule that kicks off on the weekend of April 2nd. The top two teams in the standings will play for the league championship in World Bowl XIII, Saturday, June 11th at LTU Arena in Düsseldorf, Germany. . . .

Go State! ;D

Re: Chiefs allocate Connot to NFL Europe

Looks like Scott is an Amsterdam Admiral.

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/story/AMS/8197522

With the NFLEL training camp opening in Tampa Bay, Florida on Monday February 21, NFLEurope.com is gearing up for the start of the 2005 season by breaking down each of the six teams position by position, and looking at each team's key players.   .  .  .

Good luck to Scott.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Looks like he gets to play with Eric (this week I want to play football, next week I won't) Crouch. The Soap Opera continues.

Comment

Is Crouch playing safety or WR? In other words is he competing against Scott for a roster spot?
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'm not 100% but I think Crouch is going to try WR. I see the Admirals have a USD alum on the roster also

Comment

Well Scott is now in the Netherlands.

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/story/AMS/8319708

Admirals hit dry land

March 23, 2005
            By Craig TerBlanche
            NFL Europe

As the Amsterdam Admirals arrived on Monday, they quickly realized how much this country loves them as they were greeted at the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport by die-hard Admirals fans.

“I was surprised, but it was a good surprise,” wide receiver John Booth said. “It was really cool to have them there. The trip was so long and so exhausting, but to see them excited, screaming and yelling really livened me up. I was ready to go play right then and there. It was really what we needed.”

They also needed sleep. Amsterdam is six hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone in St. Petersburg, FL, where the players had been training all month long. Having coached here for five years, head coach Bart Andrus knows the importance of players acclimatizing themselves to their new surroundings.

“It is one of the most important things we do,” coach Andrus said. “The first night we have them sleep with the curtains open so the sunlight can wake them up. It’s not easy to travel that far, but we are lucky we weren’t out on the West Coast.” . . .

Knowing that time is the best remedy for jetlag, coach Andrus gave the players the day off, which allowed them to do some sight seeing in their new home.

“I thought it was really beautiful,” running back Jarrett Payton said. “We had the day off and we stay right next to the railroad tracks, so we took a trip into the city today and walked around. There is so much to do and the people are real nice. The biggest difference so far is all the bicycles. No one in America rides a bike, but here that is all you see.”

Starting on Wednesday, the players fall into their normal weekly routine that will prepare them for their first home game against the Rhein Fire on April 2. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

I am trying to get tickets to the Admirals game on April 2nd, so maybe I can let you know how Scott looks! We are actaully living about and hour apart from eachother, so if anyone wants to make a quick trip to the Netherlands you can watch two former Jackrabbits play!!!!!!!!

Pater

Comment

Originally posted by NC2003
                I am trying to get tickets to the Admirals game on April 2nd, so maybe I can let you know how Scott looks!  

That would be great, if you get the chance please do!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Scott is listed as the starter at Strong Safety, as a matter of fact he is the only Strong Safety.  NFL Europe kicks off their season tomorrow.  If you have the NFL Network on your TV you will be able to see Scott and his Amsterdam Admirals take on Rhein Fire at 11 AM CST.

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/depthchart/AMS

Go Scott!
                  Go Admirals!
                  Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Comment

Kickoff pending, and I see #23 Scott Connot, the rangey safety from South Dakota State, firing out of the tunnel. Good luck, Scott!!

Go Jacks.

Comment

Scott had 5 takles, 1 pass defense, and 1 assist on special teams as his Amsterdam Admirals beat the Rhein Fire 24-14.

Go Scott!
                      Go Chiefs!
                      Go Admirals!
                      Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

From NFL.com

S SCOTT CONNOT (Kansas City Chiefs) had a team-high 8 tackles against Berlin and leads the team with 25 stops after adding 4 last week …

Go Scott. Show Gunther what you can do!

Go Jacks.

Comment

Connot is 2nd in NFLE in tackles for the season. He has 32 while the leader, Rich Scanlon, LB-Thunder (KC Chiefs) leads the league with 47. Scott is leading the Admirals to be the 2nd ranked defense in the league.

Great job Scott! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Scott had another great game for the Amsterdam Admirals Saturday. He picked off 2 passes and tallied a team-high 7 tackles.

Go Scott. Go Jacks.

Comment

Big day for Scott, way to go! ;D

Go Scott!
                              Go Admirals!
                              Go Chiefs!
                              Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X