18. North Dakota State
    19. Jacksonville State
    20. Lafayette
    21. Montana State
    22. Hampton
    23. Appalachian State
    24. Maine
    25. Hofstra

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Villanova (35), South Carolina State (33), Wofford (31), Portland State (30), Alabama State (16), Eastern Kentucky (16), McNeese State (15), Coastal Carolina (14), Pennsylvania (14), Southern University (11), Grambling (10), Colgate (9), Northern Arizona (9), Texas State (8 ), UC Davis (7), South Dakota State (6), Western Carolina (6), Brown (5), Stephen F. Austin (5).

Go State! ;D

Re: Pre-Season poll

It's too bad our first year as a D1 football program was such a failure. Such a failure that we are already gaining national recognition and respect as a 2nd year program with only 43 scholarships. I'll take that failure any day and hope we can continue to fail to such a scale in the future.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Yikes we play four of the the top 25!

Comment

Actuall we play 4 of the top 18 !! Plus 2 honorable mentions.

Comment

What does Dr. Oien say "To be the best you have to play the best".

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
            What does Dr. Oien say "To be the best you have to play the best".
            Hey, lotsa people say that . . . I'm sure Fred didn't invent it!
            ;D ;D
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Hey, lotsa people say that . . . I'm sure Fred didn't invent it!
              ;D ;D
              Whatever!

Comment

From: http://www.collegesports.com/sports/...052305aaj.html
                [hr]
                UMass Football Ranked No. 16 In First Preseason Poll For 2005 Season

Minutemen are one of seven A-10 teams ranked by AnyGivenSaturday.com

May 23, 2005

AMHERST, Mass. - In the first football preseason poll for the 2005 season, UMass is ranked No. 16 by AnyGivenSaturday.com, a website covering Division I-AA. The Minutemen are one of seven A-10 schools in the poll which is led by conference foe and defending champ James Madison.

UMass will take on five teams in the top 25, led by No. 1 James Madison, No. 7 Delaware, No. 9 New Hampshire, No. 24 Maine and No. 25 Hofstra.

UMass opens its 2005 season at Richmond on Sept. 1 and opens the home schedule on Sept. 17 vs. Albany at 6 p.m.

2005 Preseason AGS Poll (5/23/2005) (see above Post)

Here's the complete release from AnyGivenSaturday.com:

Reigning National Champion James Madison landed the top preseason spot garnering 45 first place votes in the AnyGivenSaturday.com (AGS) Poll released today, the first poll released in 2005.

Following the Dukes in the top ten were (in order) Furman, Eastern Washington, Montana, Georgia Southern, Western Kentucky, Delaware, Northwestern State, New Hampshire and Northern Iowa.

Nine other teams received first place votes including Furman (12), Eastern Washington (10), Montana (2), Georgia Southern (2); Western Kentucky, Northwestern State, New Hampshire, Southern Illinois and Harvard each received a single #1 vote.

A total of 19 squads received more than the five points required to receive mention outside of the top 25.

The Atlantic 10 Conference lead the leagues with seven A-10 teams in the Top 25; the Big Sky Conference, the Gateway Football Conference and the Southern Conference had three each; the Great West Football Conference, the Patriot League and Southland Conference had two each; and the Ivy League, the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and the Ohio Valley Conference were each represented with one.

AGS is the world's largest online community devoted to all of the NCAA Division I football subclassification I-AA. The AGS Poll was created in 2004 to give distinguished members of the AGS community a place to voice their opinion, vote for the top 25 I-AA programs in the nation, and provide the media and coaches of I-AA a valuable resource to gauge general sentiment.

In order to ensure that the poll is accurate and fair, a committee of AGS veteran members has established guidelines for voter eligibility and accountability. The AGS Poll will be announced weekly throughout the season on Mondays and a final poll will be announced shortly after the National Championship game.

In comparison, no other poll or magazine had more teams in their preseason prediction last year that finished in the final top 25 than the AGS Poll.

Comment

Working...
                X