Here's my take on 2005

1. NDSU
    2. Cal-Poly
    3. tie SDSU and UC-Davis
    5. UNC
    6. SUU

Here's my breakdown of the Jacks:
    Offense...
    returns 6/11 starters (G Kasey Deaver, G Taylor Murray, T Mitch Erickson, TE Paul Keizer, WR Josh Davis, RB Anthony Watson). Lost QB Brad Nelson, T Jeff Davis, C Tom Higbee, WR Solomon Johnson, WR Brian Janecek
    Return 14/22 on two-deep

Josh Davis was hurt for the majority of last year. He's basically re-written the record book for WR's at SDSU. He'll be a senior this year. We lose two very good WR's but have a speedy redshirt freshman, JaRon Harris, who should step up.

I believe TE Paul Kiezer has moved to the o-line as well.

Defense...
    returns 8/11 starters (DT D.J. Fischer, NT Travis Ahrens, DE Gabe Koenigsfeld, LB Mike James, CB Jeff Hegge, CB Hank McCall, SS John Perry, FS James Epps) NT Mitch Pontrelli and FS Mitch Klein also have starting experience. Lost DE Joey Abell, LB Chris Coauette, LB Mike Blackbourn
    Return 19/22 on two-deep

Special Teams returns both kicker and punter but lost our long snapper to graduation.

All-in-all we return 35/46 of our two-deep.

Should be a good year for the Jacks. We're only playing with 42 schollies, depth on the o-line could become a problem. We lost 2 starting recievers from last year but with the back ups and a red shirt freshman (JaRon Harris) stepping up we should be fine there. We also lost QB Brad Nelson but I think Andy Kardoes will prove to be an even better QB. When Kardoes was a freshman and Nelson a Jr., they battled for the starting job all through spring and fall ball. THe coaches eventually gave the edge to Nelson. Kardoes will turn heads this year.

I'll put the over/under at 7-4 for the Jacks.

*we also play 8/11 games at home this year, we all know we play much better at home.
Working...
X