Anthony Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Watson

Some debate over on Bisonville regarding Anthony Watson vs Kyle Steffes. Steffes was named #12 on a list of the top 15 returning running backs in DIAA. Anthony had over 1100 yards and averaged 4.9 carries a game. He certainly outperformed Steffes in the NDSU game. I think Watson should have been on that list. The thing I like about Watson is how many times he sheds that first and second tackler. He is a power runner and very hard to bring down. I wonder if he lost a few pounds if he could increase his speed and be more effective.

Re: Anthony Watson

There's no doubt in my mind that Watson is every bit as effective as the Steffes kid from NDSU. I think he should have been on the list as well.

Comment

Why do you think he didnt make it?

Comment

As someone (I think JackguyII) stated on Bisonville, it probably has to do with lack of TD's and not playing on a well respected football team.

Steffes 13 TD's
        Watson 5

Steffes = NDSU
        Watson = SDSU

Comment

Looking at the stats, 13TD's is an impressive number and would certainly make Stefes name stand out. I would still place more emphasis on NDSU reputation in football as the deciding factor in making taht list.

Hopefully as we continue to build upon our success from last year we will see Watson on that list for nest seson

Comment

Working...
          X