California teams move forward with stadium project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California teams move forward with stadium project

The next time the Jackrabbits travel to California both Cal-Poly and UC-Davis' stadiums will look much different.  Cal-Poly is moving forward with their Stadium expansion and UC-Davis is building a brand new home for their team.  Here are some pics:

http://www.calpolymustangs.com/

Alex G. Spanos Stadium Renovation Update

(6/22/05) Plans to renovate Mustang Stadium are progressing. Invitations to bid on the project have been released and bids will be opened in mid-July for a projected construction start date of mid to late August. In general, the work consists of construction of new concrete moment-framed grandstands with press box / skybox, including, but not limited to, a new Memorial Plaza, lighting and realignment of California Boulevard.  .  .  .

http://www.news.ucdavis.edu/search/n....lasso?id=7384

UC Davis Celebrates New Stadium Groundbreaking
    June 4, 2005

A precision shovel team led by UC Davis Chancellor Larry Vanderhoef, student-athletes, coaches and other campus representatives broke ground Saturday on a new $29.75 million multi-use stadium that will be the crown jewel of the Aggies' recently completed sports facilities when it opens in fall 2006.

The stadium complex will serve as the home field for both the UC Davis football and women's lacrosse programs. It will also provide a venue for community events, such as high school athletic events, concerts and commencement ceremonies. The initial concept design calls for permanent seating for 10,000 to 12,000 spectators and space for an additional 4,000 to 6,000 spectators, along with basic amenities such as locker rooms, a club room and an enclosed press box.  .  .  .

I am looking forward to the day when we do something like this to the East side of Coughlin-Alumni. Our new scoreboard will be a nice step forward, can't wait to see it installed! 8)

Go State!  ;D

Re: California teams move forward with stadium pro

Although Cal-Davis' old stadium looked like a glorified high school field, those fans were loud and roudy. One of my favorite places to play. Aside from NDSU, USD and UND, I don't remember a better away crowd (in terms of noise and being into the game) in my 4 1/2 years of playing.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
    X