Rabbit 89- site upgrades needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit 89- site upgrades needed

You need to have a link to your chamber of commerce or create a page with hotels, good restaurants, brothels, fun things to do and pictures of campus with directions.

I don’t want to associate with backwards slubs and this site needs the upgrade. Thank me latter, 89 8)
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: Rabbit 89- site upgrades needed

GSUsTALON,

I am merely the moderator, but ask and you shall receive.  Here are a few links to get you started.

Brookings, Map link:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?add...amp;country=us

SDSU, Map link:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Admissions/V...sMap/Index.cfm

Brookings Community Page:

http://www.brookingssd.com/

South Dakota Tourism:

http://www.travelsd.com/

SDSU Offical Site:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/

Places to stay:  The Holiday Inn Express (indoor water slide), Fairfield Inn & Suites and Super 8 are all fairly new.  The Staurolite, Brookins Inn, and Comfort Inn are all nice as well.  These hotels are grouped together close to the Interstate.  The Sunshine Inn is on the west side of town and I don't really know much about it.

Places to eat:  Should hit Nick's Hamburger Shop, The Ram Pub, George's Pizza (if you like Greek food), and Cook's Kitchen (for breakfast).  These business are all located on Main St.  Mad Jacks (kind of a sub place) is also good for some local flavor.  Brookings has most of the chain places as well.

Most of the night life centers around "Downtown" once there you can walk to at least 9 bars that I can remember.  There are a few more scattered around town (including the Fireside and Pavilion located in the Staurolite and Brookings Inn so they are close to most of the Hotels).  Cubbies is the Best Sports Bar in town and has good food and tons of TVs and it is "Downtown".  

If you or any of your Eagle buddies have any questions just ask.  We are looking forward to having you come to our neck of the woods this fall.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

The Sunshine Motel on West 6th street is the only motel in town that is not reasonably modern. In other words its been there for a while and is not a good recommendation. You will get exactly what you pay for in terms of low rates. I hope you get the picture : :

All the other motels are very modern and comfortable for a two to three night stay.

Comment

89Rabbit...thanks for the list of motels. I have booked a room at Super 8. I will be coming to SDSU with my 2 teenage daughters. They are looking forward to the visit.

See you in October. What do you think the weather will be like?

Comment

snowy, cold, ice, and wind. ;D ;D

Seriously, I'm glad your making the trip North!! The weather could be 65 and sunny or it could be 15 and all of the above. No tellin' at that time in October

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglegus-2
            89Rabbit...thanks for the list of motels.  I have booked a room at Super 8.  I will be coming to SDSU with my 2 teenage daughters.  They are looking forward to the visit.

See you in October.  What do you think the weather will be like?
            Predicting the weather in South Dakota is risky business and I am glad I am not a meteorologist. However, I will give you some facts that may be helpful.

In Brookings, on Oct. 29th

Avg. high / 51 degrees
            Record high / 74 degrees

Avg. low / 30 degrees
            Record low / 16 dgrees

Last year in Brookings on Oct. 29th

The high was 69 degrees, Low was 41 degrees and Brookings, got 0.02 inch. of rain. Best guess this far out is Jacket, sweatshirt and jeans weather. Your girls can bring their swimsuits but they will only be using them at the Super 8's indoor pool. You will want to check back with us or the weather channel as the date gets closer. Glad you are coming, are you going to tailgate in the "Backyard" before the game? See you in Brookings!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Many of us are hoping we have a blizzard that day. That ought to give our friends something to talk about when they get home. Plus, it may level the playing field a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                Many of us are hoping we have a blizzard that day.  That ought to give our friends something to talk about when they get home.  Plus, it may level the playing field a bit.  

Funny that you have wished for a blizzard. So has my daughters. I have been to South Dakota before, the last time in 1970. There were at least 2 feet of snow on the ground. I loved it though!

If someone wanted to throw a huge tailgate party for the Georgia Southern fans, we would help with the financial support. I want pheasant, if available. ;D

Comment

My fiance and I discussed which game in Oct we would be coming back for. It was between GSU and Mo-Rolla (Hobo Day). We decided on the GSU game because of their impressive history; so I'm hoping for nice weather and a Jacks upset. ;D

Comment

If you would like help planning a tailgate party, contact Matt Thorn in the athletic department. He should be able to steer you in the right direction. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X