Ranek story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranek story

Here is another nice piece on SDSU's all time leading rusher. Highlights from the Ottawa Sun.

http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Footba...52401-sun.html

Ranek feeling right at home in Regina

By BARRE CAMPBELL, Sun

REGINA — There’s no place like home, and in the case of ’Gades RB Josh Ranek, that’s South Dakota. But the Canadian prairies serve as a decent substitute for the fourth-year veteran.

“I always enjoy coming up here because it reminds me of where I grew up in the Midwest,” said Ranek yesterday after the Renegades arrived in the Saskatchewan capital.

Ranek’s hometown of Tyndall, in southeastern South Dakota, is located 900 km south of Winnipeg, so he often has family members and friends attend games when the Renegades play the Blue Bombers or Roughriders.

His father and mother both made the trek from their home for tonight’s game. Ranek also has an uncle and cousin from Colorado attending.

As a bonus, some friends from his alma mater, representing the South Dakota State University’s athletic booster club, are making a special trip on their way home after an Alaskan cruise to watch Ranek in action. Ranek travelled to his parents’ home earlier this week and drove from there to Regina.

On the way, he stopped in South Dakota’s Black Hills region where his brother opened a gym last week.

“I’m kind of a silent partner right now,” said Ranek.

RANEK’S REPUTATION: ’Riders nose tackle Scott Schultz on how to stop Ranek, who ranks second in the CFL’s yards from scrimmage category with 574, behind Saskatchewan RB Corey Holmes with 586: “He’s one of those guys who’s going to try to run through you, not run around you. You’ve got to bend a knee and put a hat on him.” . . .

Go State! ;D

Re: Ranek story

The "Little Ball O' Hate" is getting a lot of good press up in Canada.
    I really hope he gets another shot at the NFL someday

Comment

Working...
    X