Iowa 18 (21%)

Minn 16 (19%)

Nebr 11 (13%)

Ariz 5

Kans 2

Calif 1

Wisc 1

Re: Where do we get our players?

I'd be interested to see how that compared to the team makeup in 1996 or so. I would guess it would be very similar.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Wow, surprising to see no kids from North Dakota, Wyoming, or Montana on that list. Any reason behind that or are those in-state schools just that good at recruiting?

Comment

Doesn't seem surprising to me that we don't have ND, Wyoming or Montana as football recruiting areas. It's 450 miles to either Wyoming or Montana, and the population base is small in both states, particularly Wyoming. Recruiting time is much more fertile in nearby Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska, and in other sports we are also having a lot of luck recruiting in Wisconsin.
        Remember Wyoming only has one univeristy in a state of less than 500,000 population, and Montana has two competing D-1 universities in a state no more populous than ours. North Dakota State has the same goal we have -- get all those who are D-1 capable in our state. It's simply a matter of recruiting time allocation.

Comment

It looks as if you have a bunch of good Upper-Midwest kids. Typically they are better students and less trouble in the community. I like to see that. I was expecting to see more kids from the West and South (poss JUCO kids)

I thought SCSU had more kids for SD. But we have two...Tyson DesCamps and Henry Smith. Both are from Aberdeen (and good?)

Good luck to you guys. Beat the Bison!!!

Comment

I think in any given year in the immediate future we will not see more than 4-5 kids in the state of South Dakota who have DIA or DIAA ability. Hopefully we will get the majority of them. I would think around 20%-25% of our roster would be from South Dakota in the future. Good news is there is a lot of talent in Iowa,Minnesota and Nebraska that can't quite cut it at the DIA schools in their respective states.

Comment

Working...
            X