Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hearing anything about Brad Nelson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hearing anything about Brad Nelson?

I've heard that Brad Nelson is having some health problems. Anyone know the facts?

Re: Anyone hearing anything about Brad Nelson?

i had heard that brad was training with a quarterback coach to prepare to take a shot at the CFL before he was just recently diagnosed with cancer. im not sure what type of cancer but never the less this has to be a set back toward continueing to play.

Comment

Originally posted by theman_21
      i had heard that brad was training with a quarterback coach to prepare to take a shot at the CFL before he was just recently diagnosed with cancer. im not sure what type of cancer but never the less this has to be a set back toward continueing to play.
      That's a pretty big setback. A friend of mine who is only 24 was diagnosed with cancer earlier this summer. The good news is he had his kidney removed and seems to be recovering very well. Best wishes to Brad.

Comment

"NELSON CANCER…A former South Dakota State quarterback is diagnosed with cancer. Brad Nelson, who graduated last year, has been begun chemotherapy treatments in LaCrosse, Wisconsin for a form of cancer called Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. Nelson was diagnosed three weeks ago and is undergoing 8 cycles of chemo, followed by a 6-week cycle of radiation.

Just prior to finding out about the cancer, Nelson was training in New Orleans with a quarterback coach and was pursuing an opportunity to continue playing football in Canada. Last year, Nelson threw for 2,225-yards and 20 touchdowns. The two-year starter passed for 5,382 yards with an SDSU career record 47 TDs in two seasons."

That is a copy of the news story from Scotty Kwas at Brookings Radio.

Comment

For those interested:

Lymphblastic lymphoma (precusor-ALL) comes in 2 varieties, B-cell and T-cell. I'm curious to know which Brad has. Prognosis is variable and the chemotherapy is rough. LaCrosse is just down the road and we have plenty of lymphoma experts here at Mayo. If anyone close to Brad wants him seen here (maybe he already has been) let me know I would be happy to accomodate.

Best of luck to Brad as he battles this potentially curable disease.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Best wishes to Brad on a speedy recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I want to make my best wishes known to Brad and family too. No matter who it is that finds themself in this situation, its a time of trauma. I think we need to be thankful for all of those at Mayo and other hospitals who can find solutions.

Comment

Working...
              X