SUU players have trouble with the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUU players have trouble with the law

A couple of current Thunderbirds ran into some trouble with the law.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155296,00.html

2 SUU football players arrested after party fight

Associated Press

CEDAR CITY — Two Southern Utah University football players and one former player have been arrested by Cedar City police following a weekend fight at a party in which one person was severely beaten.
         Players LaVar M. Porter, 20, Las Vegas, and LaRue Martin Joseph Burley, 21, Cedar City, and former player Isiah Quinton Mack, 23, Cedar City, were arrested Tuesday for investigation of assault.
         SUU sports information director Neil Gardner said no action will be taken by the school pending the outcome of the case.
         "There are two sides to every story and we really can't comment," he said. "We'll wait and see what happens."  .  .  .

Porter, who played in seven games for the Thunderbirds last season, entered the team's fall camp as the projected starter at middle linebacker.
         Burley is a transfer from Mesa Community College in Arizona, where he caught 33 passes for 448 yards last season.

Not a good way to start the season for Southern Utah.  

Go State!  ;D

Re: SUU players have trouble with the law

I feel for SUU and the negative publicty that this one incident will generate.  I think SDSU found that out last year what off field activity can do in terms of negative publicity.

On the other hand in all the years that I have known Stig, he never complained about officanting not to fans or alums and certainly not publicly, but ask him about last years SUU game and he will tell you that we were robbed plain and simple by the officals which this Mid Continent comish assigned.  They all had Utah connections I believe and were not about to give SDSU a break on any call.

So this years game will be one which Coach Stig, I would think will see it as a way to show how much better SDSU is than SUU on the field.  If the SUU players continue to get in trouble off the field, then this becomes much easier.

Comment

I want to put a real whuppin on SUU due to the way we lossed last year in overtime. Sounds like based on Stigs comments we got screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
        I want to put a real whuppin on SUU due to the way we lossed last year in overtime. Sounds like based on Stigs comments we got screwed!
        That is the way it sounds. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Brookings the weekend of Nov 5th but you can bet that I'll be listening. 48-10 sounds about right to me.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
        X