Tailgatin' SDSU Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgatin' SDSU Style

I know at Georgia Southern, we tailgate by grilling sausage (pork), pork ribs, chicken, shriimp (low country boil) and steaks.

In Louisiana at the McNeese game, we were eating a lot of cajun style food.

What do the tailgaters in South Dakota prefer cooking?

OH!!!!!!! '89Rabbit............we are publishing a "Tailgatin' Georgia Southern Style Cookbook". I will bring you one as a token of my appreciation for helping post links to make our travel plans easier.

Thanks!!!

Re: Tailgatin' SDSU Style

Originally posted by Eaglegus-2
    I know at Georgia Southern, we tailgate by grilling sausage (pork), pork ribs, chicken, shriimp (low country boil) and steaks.

In Louisiana at the McNeese game, we were eating a lot of cajun style food.

What do the tailgaters in South Dakota prefer cooking?

OH!!!!!!!   '89Rabbit............we are publishing a "Tailgatin' Georgia Southern Style Cookbook".  I will bring you one as a token of my appreciation for helping post links to make our travel plans easier.

Thanks!!!

Eaglegus2,

You are coming to cattle country .  .  . "Beef it's whats for Dinner" . . .  You will also find chicken, brats, pork, maybe even some venison or  pheasant. I like to cook Bison Burgers when NDSU comes to town. Really, it is all about the meat.  Thank you very much in advance for the cook book, you are a Southern gentlemen.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Be sure to call Kristie at the SDSU ticket office if you are interested in reserving your tailgating spot. There is a cost involved, but you will be guarenteed your spot all season. 3 sizes are available 33 x 33, 33 x 66, & 66 x 66. Reserved mine yesterday.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I just talked with Matt Thorn yesterday. It sounds like there are over 25 spots already reserved! He said they are mostly large spots that have been sold. I'd suggest reserving your spot while the 'gettin is good'!

Comment

I don't know if i am fond of the selling of tailgaiting spots. Sure it may bring in a few extra bucks for the AD but it also may turn away some of the casual fans(and students) that show up the afternoon of the night game. I would imagine this is a way for the university to have some control over what happens in the backyard as i have heard it was pretty rowdy at different times last year. I just hope there is enough space for people to 'gate if they don't have a spot reserved. What do you all think?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Having talked to the good folks up in Brookings, I am sure that there will be plenty of un-resereved spots for those who go that way. Not to worry, the "Backyard" is big enough for everyone!

Go State! ;D

Comment

After the crowds that were in the backyard last year, I would think they are just trying to bring a little order to the cluster!

Comment

Kristi said they are trying to cut down on the traffic in the backyard during tailgating and hopefully have a little more organization. It sounds like they have an excellent plan, all I know is that I will be there and anyone is welcome to stop by and enjoy a cold one with us...

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

I wish I could afford to make the trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

The way I have it figured...I have about 600 hours from right now that I have to get ready for Tailgating in the back yard before the LaCrosse game.........Can almost smell the food and taste the cold beverages.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                      The way I have it figured...I have about 600 hours from right now that I have to get ready for Tailgating in the back yard before the LaCrosse game.........Can almost smell the food and taste the cold beverages...

If you're interested in a practice tailgate let me know. I'll bring 91rabbit and whoever else want to party down from the clinic to Stewartville. SDSU gear and all!!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We could do that.....try a few new recipes. Beverages are always cold......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!

Comment

We dont get to travel to Brookings this year, and in some ways Im a little disappointed. The Backyard is great, and you can leave the stadium at half for a warm up and return. Always buy a hot dog and a program. I know whomever shows up in Brookings is going to have a fine time. We will welcome everyone from SDSU up in Fargo this year which isnt too bad either. Party on.

Comment

JBB

I'll be in Fargo in Nov. Was there 2 yrs ago and had a great time. Looking forward to that.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

Still trying to orchestrate the trip got Fargo. I think I will be there. Anyone want to travel with me from Rochester?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X