stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stadium

Does your home stadium just have one the West side stands? No East stands? Every picture I have seen of the stadium shows just one side. Is this correct?

Re: stadium

Coughlin-Alumni Stadium

Seating Capacity 16,000

Seating on both East and West sides from goal line to goal line.

Comment

speaking of coughlin, is the new scoreboard going to be ready for next season, or is it going to be a while yet?

Comment

My understanding is that both the new Football and Basketball scoreboards will be ready for next fall.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I believe I've heard that the video board will be in for next season (how's that for almost kinda certain?)

Also, addressing the Coughlin configuration:
          The west stands are concrete, all-bleacher seating, topped with a press box.  The east stands are aluminum bleachers, and as 89rabbit points out, endzone to endzone.  Additional portable bleachers are on occasion brought in for big games, and installed behind the end zone.  This year for Hobo Day, a Daktronics portable video screen was brought in and set up in the northeast corner of the stadium.

IMHO, improvements to Coughlin should happen in this order:
          1) Scoreboards,
          2) Locker rooms
          3) Press Box (maybe including some suites)
          4) Backed seats for season ticket holders on the west side,
          5)  Replace the east side stands.

Hopefully by then we'll be drawing well enough to start seriously talking about end zone stands.  Who knows, maybe at some point we'll enclose the field with a complete bowl, like they were talking about doing when Coughlin was first being planned?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Are there any other future renovations of coughlin in the works. I've heard talk of the new wellness being built on the east side which would be incorporated with new seating, locker rooms, and coaches offices. What's with those ugly trailers on the east side? Like i said i've heard talk but nothing official. Just wondering what you prestigous alums have heard. You guys are helping with improvements all over campus, thought you might know. also I seriously think you guys deserve a big thank you! The PAC, Solberg, Union, and new dorms are making this campus look big time.

Comment

The PAC, Solberg are ours (PAC also was partially funded by the City of Brookings). The Union is all you, and I think the new dorm might be the State of South Dakota (but not sure on the last one).

Go State! ;D

Comment

The transformation from a good campus to an unbelievably nice campus has really happened in the last 10 years. Speaking of the Union, I have probably been on 50 D1 campuses over the last 15 years, I cant name one with a more impressive student union, when it is completed it will be AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by stusdsu
                  Are there any other future renovations of coughlin in the works. I've heard talk of the new wellness being built on the east side which would be incorporated with new seating, locker rooms, and coaches offices. What's with those ugly trailers on the east side? Like i said i've heard talk but nothing official. Just wondering what you prestigous alums have heard. You guys are helping with improvements all over campus, thought you might know. also I seriously think you guys deserve a big thank you! The PAC, Solberg, Union, and new dorms are making this campus look big time.
                  I'd like to see the Athletic Dept. come out with a master plan for Coughlin like the one I laid out, and follow up with the planning/engineering work necessary to, in phases, wind up with a fully-enclosed bowl stadium, even if it eventually takes 30 or 40 years to do. This kind of long-term thinking is what SDSU needs to be successful, and would be good follow-through to the D-I move itself.

That way, stusdsu, you can take your grandkids (or, they can take you;-) ) to a Coughlin-Alumni stadium you can be really proud of.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

How many home games will BHS be playing at coughlin next year? With eight home games for SDSU and maybe four or five for the bobcats. It might reak havoc on the turf by the end of the year. I say go 50/50 with BHS on some new field turf.

Comment

filbert, sounds good, 30 to 40 years, well at least it will be handicap accessible right.

Comment

Originally posted by stusdsu
                        How many home games will BHS be playing at coughlin next year? With eight home games for SDSU and maybe four or five for the bobcats. It might reak havoc on the turf by the end of the year. I say go 50/50 with BHS on some new field turf.
                        Ah, good point on the field turf . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Brookings Bobcats
                          2005 Football Schedule
                          8/26/2005 Aberdeen Central Aberdeen
                          9/2/2005 Watertown Brookings
                          9/9/2005 Yankton Yankton
                          9/16/2005 Brandon Valley Brookings
                          9/23/2005 Sturgis Sturgis
                          9/30/2005 Pierre T.F. Riggs Pierre
                          10/7/2005 Sioux Falls O Gorman Brookings
                          10/14/2005 Huron Brookings

10/20/2005 Mitchell/Mitchell Christian Mitchell

from the South Dakota Activities Association web site
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Leave the real grass.......

Go Jacks  !!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Yes, can't beat real grass.

Comment

Working...
                              X