X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pictures of the Scoreboard project

More pictures have been put on the Scoreboard project web site:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Sc...ject/Index.cfm

Looks great! I can't wait to see it finished, less then 2 weeks to kick-off! 8)

Go State! ;D

Re: New Pictures of the Scoreboard project

I can already hear the Pride marching in.....

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      More pictures have been put on the Scoreboard project  web site:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Sc...ject/Index.cfm

Looks great! I can't wait to see it finished, less then 2 weeks to kick-off!  8)

Go State!  ;D
      I drove by the new scoreboard today. It's really quite a contrast when you see all those enormous support beams dwarfing the old scoreboard. That whole area is greatly changed, with the rerouting of the road past the stadium. They have taken what was (at least in my memory of a few years ago) just sort of an open field and made it into a real, structured athletic complex. The effect of the whole series of changes in that area (parking where the baseball field was, etc.) is striking and really speaks to some good, long-term planning by the administration.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
        I drove by the new scoreboard today. It's really quite a contrast when you see all those enormous support beams dwarfing the old scoreboard. That whole area is greatly changed, with the rerouting of the road past the stadium. They have taken what was (at least in my memory of a few years ago) just sort of an open field and made it into a real, structured athletic complex. The effect of the whole series of changes in that area (parking where the baseball field was, etc.) is striking and really speaks to some good, long-term planning by the administration.
        I drove by last week as well. I really didn't like the planning (and placement) of the softball field. It takes up about 1/3 of the tailgaiting area. Last year there didn't seem to be enough space for tailgaiting and there will be less this year.

Comment

Just got my Season tickets, and it looks like they have opened up another tailgate lot North of the "Backyard". It runs East and West from 16th Ave. to Stadium Rd. Lots of room for everyone to have a good time.

Go State! ;D

Comment

You want some perspective, take a look at this, WOW!

That is simply amazing, so cool. I can't wait to see the finished product. 8)

Here are some other interesting pics.

Another large photo is installed on the underside of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Go State! ;D

Comment

With that big of a structure, picking which endzone you want to defend will be more of a factor. Gotta believe that thing is going to affect the wind on the field. It's huge!
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Wow. I believed it would be big, but wow

The game day atmosphere is taking on some serious changes.

Comment

BFSB !!!!!

Comment

Do you think they're keeping the old scoreboard in place just in case the new one isn't quite ready for the opener?

Comment

I was wondering that too. it sounds like everyone is confident that it will be a ready to go by the 3rd. It will probably only take a short while to tear out the old one.

Would there be another use for the old one at another venue on campus ie (soccer or baseball), if it were modified? or does it just get put out to pasture?

Comment

i was driving by cas today and they were taking down the old scoreboard today. so i hope its ready by the first game there is season which is on the 2nd. the bobcats will play watertown on friday sep 2nd.

Comment

The old scoreboard is down....weeeeeeee! I'm thinking about lacing those cleets up and working on my field goals....what an advantage kicking south.

Comment

They'll be using the Bobcat's game on September 2nd as their trial run. They will testing out everything including the cameras to show instant replays.

So it should be ready for Saturday.

GO STATE
                            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

i play for the bobcats, i cant wait to see o'gormans faces when they are on offense going south.

Comment

Working...
                              X