D-1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-1A

Congrats to Northwestern State for beating UL-Monroe, and we'll see if Cal Poly can pull off the upset this weekend over Troy.

What I was wondering is if there is any truth to the rumor that SDSU is slated to play U of M next year in football? If it's not, does anybody know of any games against D1-A teams coming up in the future.
    I think any time a D1-AA team can upset the D1 A team it really helps build the program

Re: D-1A

I would guess that is a rumor. Right now we (including NDSU) don't have enough scholarships to make us count for the DIA team schedules. NDSU is closer but still a few years out. I would guess they get the first shot at the UofM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
      I would guess that is a rumor.  Right now we (including NDSU) don't have enough scholarships to make us count for the DIA team schedules.  NDSU is closer but still a few years out.  I would guess they get the first shot at the UofM.
      Actually NDSU is playing a IA team next year(Ball St) and it is rumored that NDSU is going to be playing Minnesota in 2007. This year NDSU is at 63 scholarships and I think the NCAA requires IAA schools to have an average of 60 scholarships per year over a two year period in order to count on a IA schedule for bowl eligiblity.

Comment

Curious to know if the Ball St game will count for them. I'm guessing they aren't as concerned as U of M. Maybe Jacks play them in 2008?

Comment

I am pretty sure the game will count for ball state next year but I don't think it really matters because they haven't been close to getting into a bowl game for a while. I wouldn't be suprised to see SDSU on the U of MN schedule in 2008 because from what I have heard they are planning on scheduling either NDSU, SDSU, UNI and Montana St. every year for their one IAA game per season.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison
            I wouldn't be suprised to see SDSU on the U of MN schedule in 2008 because from what I have heard they are planning on scheduling either NDSU, SDSU, UNI and Montana St. every year for their one IAA game per season.
            I remember reading an earlier Minneapolis Tribune article, with the addition of the 12th game for IA, that is the rotation of teams that U of MN would like to schedule.

Comment

We better ramp up our scholarships quicker if we have any intention of a big pay day ($250,000) with UofM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack

I remember reading an earlier Minneapolis Tribune article, with the addition of the 12th game for IA, that is the rotation of teams that U of MN would like to schedule.
                Twelve games, the the one-in-four rule is gone (I-A's can count a I-AA victory every year now), and the minimum number of grants was reduced to be a qualifying I-AA victory- it's now 90% of max. allowed over a rolling two year period, as opposed to an average of 60 over the three preceeding years.

Comment

One of the biggest benefits of the move to Division I is the renewed interest and commitment to the FB program. The level of FB intelligents from the average Jacks fan still lags behind that of a Bison but is improving everyday. I shutter when I hear people ask "what sense is there in going DI?" Open your eyes its right in front of you.

I would guess that SDSU will be on the Gophers FB schedule by 2010.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X