Prognosticators Invited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prognosticators Invited

Now that the Great West has a year under it belt, how about setting up a prognosticaors competition. No money, no prizes, just the fun of seeing who can be most accurate in predicting the outcomes of the games this fall. To participate just send me an e-mail within this message board's e-mail system each week. I will keep a record and post the weekly and composite results.

If you haven't used the system, just click on the place on the top of the message board where it says Hey you have x messages. That takes you to the email where you can send your predictions. Send them to me, Rabbit74. I will send you back an e-mail confirming I received your predictions this first week.

This week's games are as follows:

Cal Poly at Troy State

New Hampshire at UC Davis

Arkansas Monticello at NDSU

Colorado Mines at Northern Colorado

Wisconsin LaCrosse at South Dakota State

Southern Utah at Idaho State

Since some of the games are Thursday night, the deadline for predictions this week will be Thursday noon.

Re: Prognosticators Invited

Got mine picked........

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Nine people have sent in their picks so far. I will post a summary of the picks Thursday after I get home from work, i.e. the number of people picking each team in each game. On Sunday some time I will post the percentage of correct picks for each one who submitted picks.

Comment

Here are the first week's predictions from the thirteen fans who responded. There was a lot of consistency on several of the games. All 13 selected SDSU, NDSU, and UNC as winners. !2 selected Troy over Cal Poly. The predictions were 10-3 for Idaho State over S. Utah. The real split vote came in the New Hampshire the favorite of 7 and Davis of 6.

Here are the individual predictions in the oreder received.

Rabbit 74 Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU SUU
        OK-Rabbit Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        Kid Dakota Troy Davis NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        USDSU Cal. Poly Davis NDSU UNC SDSU SSU
        Bison Mike Troy Davis NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        Mitchell Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        Jacks-Backer Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        Rabbittlivinginverm Troy Davis NDSU UNC SDSU SUU
        Football Fan Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        NorCalJack Troy Davis NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        MilwaukeeJackAlum Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        SDSU/BHS-Fan Troy NH NDSU UNC SDSU ISU
        Jacks99 Troy Davis NDSU UNC SDSU ISU

On Sunday I will post the percent accurate for each fan and the list of next weeks games for your prediction. People who didn't participate the first week are welcome to jon in next week.

If you have a suggestion for keeping the column aligned, please let me know.

Comment

Idaho St has little trouble with S. Utah. Flat out a blowout. Gotta think S. Utah is really down this year. A loss at home to them would be a big disappointment.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here are the standings after week one. Congrats to those with the perfect picks!!!

Footballfan 100%
            Jacks-Backer 100%
            MilwaukeeJacks Alum 100%
            Mitchell 100%
            OK-Rabbit 100%
            SDSU/BHS-Fan 100%
            Bison Mike 83%
            Jacks99 83%
            Kid Dakota 83%
            NorCalJack 83%
            Rabbit74 83%
            Rabbitlivinginverm 67%
            USDSU 50%

The group as a whole was correct 88% of the time which is pretty high. Next week's games may be a little tougher to pick.

I will post the next round of games tomorrow. Feel free to enter your picks for week two even if you did not pick for week one.

Comment

Here are the second week games. All games are between DI-AA teams. No one is playing a DI-A team and no one is playing a D-II or DIII opponent which probably makes the picks a little harder.

Northern Colorado at Western Illinoix
              NDSU at Northwestern St (LA)
              Southern Utah at Texas State
              Sacremento at Cal Poly
              Portland State at Davis
              Valapraiso at SDSU

Have your picks in via e-mail to Rabbit74 by noon on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
              X