Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valparaiso

I think the LaCrosse game has been hashed out now

Im thinking this week you will see a more polished Jacks team.

SDSU 56
    Valpo 17

Re: Valparaiso

Originally posted by Jackrabbitfootball
    I think the LaCrosse game has been hashed out now

Im thinking this week you will see a more polished Jacks team.

SDSU 56
    Valpo 17
    Sounds about right. I wasn't thrilled with Kardoes last Saturday, but I'm predicting he'll make a much better showing after a week of work with the coaches and with those first-start jitters behind him. I'll say 49 to 10. Watson runs for 150. Kardoes gets 75 on the ground and 150 via the air. JaRon Harris will show us something in the return game again.

What about attendance? First full weekend back at school. Nice weather (Weather Channel says 81 for a high, 30 percent chance of rain... granted, we're several days out); and the Pride will be there. I'm thinking 9,500 or more should be possible.

Comment

I'm headed north for this one!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't make this one, wish I could.  I'm predicting a blowout, 50 - 7, with 9,000 + looking on.

Comment

I think with a more visible promotion in the Cereal bowl and the Pride 9000 is not out of the question. What surprised me is the Shriners in the past would buy up a bunch tickets and give to kids and other non fans for free. I dont know if they are still doing that or not, but if they did, with all the things going on it could have been much less than 5700 last week without the Shriners efforts.

I hope our D will shine on pass defense and its a 52-0 score. ;D

Comment

Sure wish I could make it, but I can't.  I think the score is going to be closer than last week, but the outcome just as easily determined. Jacks will continue to work on somethings, espescially the run offense in preparation for upcoming games. Interesting note from last weeks broadcast, Stig said that Valpo would not agree to a film exchange so both sides will be going in somewhat blind.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here are highlights from the Valpo web site about their game on Saturday.  Looks like they like to run the ball.

http://www.valpo.edu/athletics/index.php?a=s&sid=4

Horton and Crusader Run Past Wisconsin Lutheran

Jeff Horton (Saint Louis, Mo./Lutheran North H.S.) rushed for a school-record 229 yards and a pair of touchdowns as Valparaiso defeated Wisconsin Lutheran 17-3 on Saturday evening at Warrior Field in Wauwatosa, Wis. to give head coach Stacy Adams a victory in his first game as Crusader head coach.

Horton’s effort was three yards better than Ozzie Young’s 1994 Crusader previous single game record of 226 yards.  .  .  .

Valparaiso finished the game with 352 total yards, 306 of which came on the ground. Wisconsin Lutheran (0-1) was held to 203 total yards, just 68 of which came in the second half.

Valpo (1-0) will return to action next Saturday as the Crusaders travel to Brookings, S.D. to battle South Dakota State in a 7 p.m. contest.  .  .  .

Not what you would call a balanced attack.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I don't know what kind of football team they have, but you have to like their little Crusader guy:

Looks like something from Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Comment

Valpo's Munchkin Falls 21-7

You heard it here first! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Wisconsin Lutheran's campus is about 30 blocks down the street from where I live. I had no idea they even had a football team. I've seen their basketball team and they remind me of a DWU or DSU level team. I'd say Valpo only putting up 17 points on them is telling.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If running the football is their only advantage, it's going to be a long day for the Crusaders.

I'm going to go with 52-0. The defense is going to go out and prove something this week.

Comment

I know that even though our defense held LaCrosse to 50 yards rushing, way too many yards passing. The boys are on a mission this week to prove that our defense is a very good unit. I think they will hold Valpo down...Looking for a big score.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I agree that the defense picks it up a notch this week. They don't want to be questioned again. The offense will pick it up a notch, as well, with a better passing performance. I see the score in the 56-0 neighborhood.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Highlights from a Gary Post-Trib. story:

http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto...1_spor_11.html

Crusaders step up in class against South Dakota State

Sept. 8, 2005

VALPARAISO — The test gets tougher this week for Valparaiso.

The Crusaders’ 17-3 victory Saturday over Wisconsin Lutheran was a nice way for first-year coach Stacy Adams to get his feet wet.

“It was good for us to go out and get that first victory,” Adams said. “Wisconsin Lutheran is a much better team than last year. They had eight guys returning on defense.”

Valpo’s game against South Dakota State should be considerably more difficult.

Last year, the Crusaders lost to North Dakota State 52-0 and SDS beat North Dakota State 24-21.

Last week, SDS beat the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse 42-13.

Adams knows getting a win this week will be a challenge.

“They’re a highly talented team,” he said. “They’re the strongest and fastest team we’ll see all year. We have something to prove because they beat North Dakota State last year and North Dakota beat us badly.” . . .

Adams expects his team to run the ball consistently all season. Ryan Doerffler threw only eight passes, completing five of them with one interception.

“We could’ve easily thrown the ball more,” Adams said. “But we wanted to work on our running game.

“That should be our strong suit this year.”

If Valpo is going to have any success, it’s going to have to contain South Dakota State’s running game.

SDS rushed for 357 yards last week against LaCrosse, with Anthony Watson picking up 183 of those yards. The Jacks also passed for 148 yards.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Shouldn't be a contest, no way, no how. Jacks score on first 5 possesions and lead 31-0. Garbage time ensues with final score in the 50's.

Jacks 55 Crusaders 7
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X