Last Time JACKRabbits in Missoula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Time JACKRabbits in Missoula

Before the start of the game. I told one of the Jackrabbit followers that in the Big Sky conference that if you get thirty five points ahead that you need to keep scoring. The conference had all kinds of offense back in those days and big comebacks were common. The prediction was that Jackrabbits would not be able to compete. At half time it was Montana 7 and JackRabbits 36 or 38. I am sure that you know the rest of the story. Anybody on this board make that trip.

Re: Last Time JACKRabbits in Missoula

I listened on the radio... I still havent recovered!!

Comment

Yep I was there. One of our good linebackers Woggemott (from Lincoln Nebraska) got hurt in the first half, and he had made some good stops before the injury. I dont want to say we lost the game because of one injury, but you have to admit the Griz was very flat for about 38 minutes of the game and SDSU had a good team but did not win the NCC despite wins over NDSU and UND both.

That damn ROTC cannon drove me nuts when the Griz came back alive and scored several times in the final 15 to 20 minutes.

I dont know what to expect this time. I would like to see an upset win, but am also realistic in between the crowd and the Griz skill on the field, winning will be tough.

Coach Stigelmeier who was an assistant in 1993 said the Jacks were going to Missoula to win and not to place or to show.

Comment

I was there and played last time... should have won too. Montana fans gave US a standing O when we were walking up the tunnel, they knew they got out played. But their speed won out over us. I don't think that will happen this time. The 'Bits got to run the ball, wear out the defense if they want any chance of winning.

Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Welcome to the board rabbit64, thanks for posting.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64
            I was there and played last time... should have won too.  Montana fans gave US a standing O when we were walking up the tunnel, they knew they got out played. But their speed won out over us. I don't think that will happen this time. The 'Bits got to run the ball, wear out the defense if they want any chance of winning.

Go Rabbits!!
            My memory had failed me but it was in 1993 and the score at the half was Montana 7 Rabbits 38 and the final was Montana 52 and JackRabbits 48. We used to have a lot of those back then. It was a fun deal.

Comment

Must we bring up such bad memories

Actually, other than the final score, I have nothing but good memories of the Montana experience. I'm still waiting for some thanks from Montana backers for their national championship as without a good first half by our defense Dave Dickenson may never have entered the game and may have never lead them to a title the next year. You're welcome. Three plays stick out that changed the game - punt return for a TD, dropped interception with under a minute left, and the TD on 4th and one with 42 seconds left. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't.

I think the Jacks struggle this weekend. Montana ain't no UW-Lacrosse and ain't no Valpo.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                Must we bring up such bad memories

Actually, other than the final score, I have nothing but good memories of the Montana experience.  I'm still waiting for some thanks from Montana backers for their national championship as without a good first half by our defense Dave Dickenson may never have entered the game and may have never lead them to a title the next year. You're welcome.  Three plays stick out that changed the game - punt return for a TD, dropped interception with under a minute left, and the TD on 4th and one with 42 seconds left. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't.

I think the Jacks struggle this weekend.  Montana ain't no UW-Lacrosse and ain't no Valpo.
                Thanks, Dave thingyensen is 10-0 this year up in Canada last I herd.

Comment

A big part of our home games (and often with as many as 4,000 - 6,000 traveling, away games, too) are the fans. Check this out: http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=72014 Welcome to Missoula for those coming... enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                  X