Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Satellite Feed

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewt...8&start=20

So it sounds as if if may be a possibility to see the Montana game on TV if you can find someone with the old school big satellite dish and the right receiver. If you check out the thread above from the montana board it will give you some more info as to how to access it. They keep telling me the coordinates for the game will be available yet today or tommorrow.

Anybody know if anywhere in Brookings where you can have access to the proper satellite feed. I am going to try to check with Cubbies to see if they can get the feed. If they could i would assume they could fill the bar if they advertised the game to cover any extra cost they may have. SDSU/BHS Fan you may know if they can get it, if you wanna help out?

OK Jackrabbit, i am sure you can get this feed on campus do you have any connections in Pugsley or Yeager so we can watch the game, unfortunately i dont and...I am pretty desparate to see it. ;D
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: Montana Satellite Feed

I'll post the feed coordinates for you later today. In the meantime someone needs to locate a good sports bar that has the Big Ugly Satellite. KU Band receiver. There is always one to be found, someone needs to carry the ball here and start making some calls. The bar owner will be thrilled to carry the game. Lot's of extra business!

Comment

Welcome to the board Ronbo, thanks for posting. Hey filbert any ideas for here in Kansas City?

Go State! ;D

Comment

I'll make some contacts here in Rochester after I see the coordinates. Any on the board from SE Minnesota stay tuned.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I talked with Cubbies this morning, they are looking into it for Saturday, the gentleman i spoke with didn't know for sure.

I will try to keep the Brookings area updated on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
            Anybody know if anywhere in Brookings where you can have access to the proper satellite feed.  I am going to try to check with Cubbies to see if they can get the feed.  If they could i would assume they could fill the bar if they advertised the game to cover any extra cost they may have.  SDSU/BHS Fan you may know if they can get it, if you wanna help out?
            ;D
            The chances are slim for Cubby's to get the game. If I find out anything different I will post it. I don't believe they have the right satellite set-up?

I know the UNC game is on Fox Rocky Mtn. though.

Comment

What about the Sioux Falls bars?  Anyone know if any of those bars have the equipment needed?

Champp's possibly that new sportszone bar near harrisburg?

Comment

The venues where Jacks fans like to congregate in Brookings and Sioux Falls need to upgrade their technology and prepare for these games well in advance. The Jacks are putting an upgraded product on the field and some of the local sports bars need to get with the program!

Comment

Actually from reading about this, it seems that this is a very old method, dating back to the 80's. I almost wonder if these places have updated their equipment too much....

I could be wrong though.

Comment

Cubby's and the other local esstablishments should be embarrased that more thought obviously has not been put into preparing for Jacks games that are on tv. I know this is a relative new revelation but how long have they had to prepare. If they had the game on I would imagine they could sell a few beers and appetizers

Comment

You are right. Each game they are able to broadcast, they could probably pay for the equipment in a year with all the games they can broadcast. I think it's a no brainer for them to purchase the equipment - hell charge a couple bucks to get in for all I care. I don't think the equipment costs much more than $2000 for the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                        Actually from reading about this, it seems that this is a very old method, dating back to the 80's.  I almost wonder if these places have updated their equipment too much....

I could be wrong though.  
                        Here's what my TV friends tell me: KU band is relatively old (1970s and 1980s) but it's still commonly used in commercial settings like television stations. It's a higher frequency band than those used by the little satellite dishes on people's houses. That means it's very powerful, but has a very narrow signal and is somewhat susceptible to weather problems. NBC still uses it, and so do many other regional broadcasters. So the problem is that consumer equipment (Dish Network, etc.) uses a whole different set of lower frequencies to transmit, and the two standards are incompatible. I'm guessing that bars most commonly use those consumer dishes these days.

Last year's NDSU game was on C-Band, which is even older (1960s), by the way. If the locations that broadcast that game have a KU receiver, they might be able to pull the Montana game in.... maybe.

Comment

If nothing else. At least now, when you go to Cubby's you can at least see SD State on the Ticker, since we are D-IAA!

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                            Here's what my TV friends tell me: KU band is relatively old (1970s and 1980s) but it's still commonly used in commercial settings like television stations. It's a higher frequency band than those used by the little satellite dishes on people's houses. That means it's very powerful, but has a very narrow signal and is somewhat susceptible to weather problems. NBC still uses it, and so do many other regional broadcasters. So the problem is that consumer equipment (Dish Network, etc.) uses a whole different set of lower frequencies to transmit, and the two standards are incompatible. I'm guessing that bars most commonly use those consumer dishes these days.

Last year's NDSU game was on C-Band, which is even older (1960s), by the way. If the locations that broadcast that game have a KU receiver, they might be able to pull the Montana game in.... maybe.

With that known OK and everybody else,
                            anybody have ideas as to where one might be able to see the game in Brookings or Sioux Falls.

Somebody has to be able to tune it in....

Comment

I'll be in the Twin Cities this weekend and would love to be able to watch the game somewhere there. :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X